best wax for HEAT!

silvrsrt

Established Member
Unfortunately I have to drive my car every day to work. It bakes in the phoenix sun all day long :nonono: What wax or type of wax do you guys recommend? I prefer protection over shine!

My paint is not factory its House of Kolors Chameleon, not sure if that matters :shrug:

Thanks guys!

STG

Banned
Any product will have a shorter lifespan under high temp sunlight.

Today, most if not all waxes contain a high percentage of synthetic ingredients so the distinction between wax and sealant isn't as clear as some would lead you to believe.

Some manufacturers actually label 100% synthetic sealants as wax simply because consumers look for wax on store shelves: Meguiar's Nxt Tech Wax is a sealant very close in chemistry to Meguiar's M21 Sealant.

I've had experience with M21 and Nxt Tech Wax in the high desert of Southern California. My experience tells me both products do well in high temperature sunlight. I have used noth products for years.

Detail your paint thoroughly, apply a sealant, keep it clean, and reapply often. Don't ask how often, because your driving conditions are different from anyone elses.

In addition to Nxt / M21 I use a spray-on booster "wax" between full details. Duragloss Aqua Wax is a spray-on "wax" (really a synthetic) used on wet paint while you dry. Wash your car and spray aqua wax on the wet paint as you dry. It adds 10 seconds to your drying process and leaves a layer of protection and shine on the paint. You can spray it on everything: Chrome, bare aluminum, paint, glass, rubber, etc. If you start with a properly detailed and waxed/sealed paint, regular use of Aqua Wax will extend the time between full details greatly.

If I had to park my car under desert sun all day, I'd wipe off the dust with spray detailer when I got to work and use a car cover.

Last edited:

Scott P

Established Member
I'd go with Optimum Poli-Seal topped by Opti-Seal. The durability is excellent as are the looks. Application of Opti-Seal is very quick and easy since it is a wipe on, walk away product that requires no buffing.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Apply it often, that's the best thing you can do out here, the S100 can be bought locally and is VERY nice stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread