Best wax/sealant for competition orange car

wesking1

Established Member
Want try some new wax and sealant for my 2015 and 2004 competition orange cars. Thinking about trying Blackfire wet ice over fire, but would like to know what others are using.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
That's a solid combo. Very easy to use, great durability and good 'look'. FWIW, as long as your prep and paint is corrected/in good shape, it really won't matter too much what LSP you use. It'll all look good!

Give the BF a shot and let us know what you think!

hoamskilet

Established Member
That's a solid combo. Very easy to use, great durability and good 'look'. FWIW, as long as your prep and paint is corrected/in good shape, it really won't matter too much what LSP you use. It'll all look good!

Give the BF a shot and let us know what you think!

this. It's all in the prep

wesking1

Established Member
Paint is good on the cobra and the 2015 is in pretty good shape as well Im going to clay bar both cars and do a finishing polish on the 2015.. I have only really used is Meguiars NXT and Meguiars #26 hi-tech wax.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
as already said, prep is 99% of the look….but with that said, I'd give dodo juice orange crush a try! Love that stuff on my torch red car, bet it looks spectacular on CO

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I love Dodo Juice waxes over all the others I've tried in the past 30 years. Right now superiorcarcare.net is offering 40% off but the shipping is ridiculous. Call Autogeek and have them match the price and shipping would be more reasonable. I use DJ Supernatural and Rainforest Rub, both are very high quality. SN is more for show cars as it has less durability whereas the RR lasts longer. I just ordered a new tub of Rainforest Rub using the 40% off for $47 shipped.

Pinnacle Liquid Souveran is another great choice for a longer lasting DD type wax.

kodexkustoms

Established Member
I wasn't overly impressed with dodo supernatural on my race red boss. But recently put two layers of Cquartz on it and now it's on a whole new level!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I've used Meg's 26 on mine. DJ Orange Crush, and Pinnacle Liquid Souveran. I like them all. I've also used the Meg's glaze before the yellow wax 26.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I completely missed the sealant part of your question. YOu are right on the money with Blackfire (All Paint Protection is their sealant). It's my goto sealant.

wesking1

Established Member
Thanks guys picked up some blackfire going give it a try here next week or two.. Got the cobra back together this past weekend after been sitting for 3 months, Im ready to clean it up shes dusty lol

mnewxcv

Established Member
I'm a huge fan of one that goes under the radar: HD Poxy. It's a wax/sealant hybrid that gives the longevity like a sealant but the shine like a wax. Also trim safe (most are these days)

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I am a firm believer in Cquartz from CarPro. I put it on my wife's white Fusion over 18 months ago, and water still beads on it. I just use CarPro's car wash that goes with it along with the reload spray every 3-4 washes and it lasts every bit of their 2 year claim. It looked fantastic as well and was amazingly bright. I am slowly putting it on all of my cars, just a matter of finding time to do it.

When I don't use Cquartz, I usually use Collinight 845. It's cheap, durable, and looks great. I put it on my mom's mustang recently. I agree with the above that a good prep is more important than what LSP you use.

Photo taken with a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone.

10157400_10152493785318170_7946478442183903988_n.jpg

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Thanks guys picked up some blackfire going give it a try here next week or two.. Got the cobra back together this past weekend after been sitting for 3 months, Im ready to clean it up shes dusty lol

Just do paint correction on it first before sealing and waxing. That's gonna make all the difference.

wesking1

Established Member
Just do paint correction on it first before sealing and waxing. That's gonna make all the difference.

Im going to take some good pictures after washing the car to see what yall think should be done as far as paint correction.. Might even just send you a message on facebook matthew

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Im going to take some good pictures after washing the car to see what yall think should be done as far as paint correction.. Might even just send you a message on facebook matthew

If you have swirls, you need paint correction. I think you are on my friend list on FB, be glad to help in any way I can.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread