best wax

NXGHOST

Established Member
What color is your vehicle? What type of look do you like (Wet, deep, reflective etc)? It all comes down to personal preference, budget, time you want to spend and so on. Also, are you looking for a pure wax? Sealant? Polish?

Last edited:

NXGHOST

Established Member
notfastenuff said:
i have a black lightning and i like the wet look and reflective

Then you may want to use a sealant topped with a Carnauba. A good one step product is Poorboys Polish with Carnauba. If you want to go for the gusto Try Klasse topped with S100 (P21S).

Matt94GT

Established Member
I heard NXT is good stuff and you can get that anywhere.

Yeah what works good on laser red? Metallic red.

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
in my opinion (and I think a few others would agree also) Megs #16 is the best, hands down.
but for black & red, I like Souveran (just something about it)
the longest lasting wax has to be Collinite Super Double Coat (great for those long winters)
and for slickness (and bead factor) I like The Wax Shops Super Glaze

trance_in_miami

Established Member
notfastenuff said:
Guys i want to know what is the best wax to use not for the money just the best hands down wax to use.

it is a very subjective question. There is not a Best wax. because remember thay all perform according to the color and condition your car is in. :idea: a white car compared to a black or red car needs a diffrent polish/wax combination for optimum results.

But: my personal fav is currently the Clearkote CMW.

PLATIADO

Established Member
silver02stang said:
What would you guys recommend on a silver car? I like the deep, wet, reflective look. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE

Can someone please help this person, Very interested my own self

spree

Established Member
silver02stang said:
What would you guys recommend on a silver car? I like the deep, wet, reflective look. Any suggestions?

Try going with Four Star UPP or Zaino

Scott P

Established Member
notfastenuff said:
Guys i want to know what is the best wax to use not for the money just the best hands down wax to use.

What's the best car

What's the best beer?

Who is the best Smurf?

They are all subjective questions that can vary based on color, longevity, ease of acquisitions, price, ease of use, etc. As previously mentioned, the answer depends on what you are looking to do.

Scott P

Established Member
PLATIADO said:
silver02stang said:
What would you guys recommend on a silver car? I like the deep, wet, reflective look. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE

Can someone please help this person, Very interested my own self

On silver, I like a few products, some I carry and some I don't.

Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection (UPP)
Poorboy's EX-P
Pinnacle Signature Series Paste Wax
Zaino

fordrules

Slow But Still Trying
Established Member
A buddy of mine has a C6 the red color looks kinda like redfire. What is a good wax for that color that I can use with my Porter Cable. I dont wanna get any swirl marks

Spade

Established Member
Zymol cleaner wax.

I have a black Cobra and use Zymol cleaner wax and it work great. The only problem with it is it's very dusty when taking it off. Anyone else use Zymol and your thoughts.

Spade

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
fordrules said:
A buddy of mine has a C6 the red color looks kinda like redfire. What is a good wax for that color that I can use with my Porter Cable. I dont wanna get any swirl marks
EX
EX/P
Souveran
Trade Secret
Natty's

jpk

Established Member
Spade said:
I have a black Cobra and use Zymol cleaner wax and it work great. The only problem with it is it's very dusty when taking it off. Anyone else use Zymol and your thoughts.

Spade

That Zymol cleaner wax is not very good. I used to use Meg's Gold Class and sometimes the Zymold Cleaner Wax that I got as a stocking stuffer. They both stain black plastic trim and neither does a good job of hiding spiderwebs or creating a great shine.

Try Pinnacle Souveran on black or any straight carnuba wax with no cleaners after cleaning the paint with something like Clear Kote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze. Even Clear Kote Moose Wax is better because it doesn't stain your trim. I made the switch a few months back and will never use Zymol or Meg's over the counter products again. The difference is not subtle.

Now, durability is a different issue. I think only Zaino and some other sealants have that long lasting durable finish. The carnubas have to be reapplied once a month or so, but look sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread