Best way to care for leather, wood, & top

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I recently bought a 911 and shockingly it has an almost perfect full leather interior. The dashes in these cars are susceptible to drying and having the leather separate especially around the corners.
1.What is the best product and/or technique to maintain the leather,

2. Also what is the best way to care for the wood? I don't want to Pledge it, but should I?

3. Despite the car being garage kept the top is showing it's age. Look at the bows in the picture. Is there a way to bring it back a little bit or just make it look nicer. I must say I believe the top on my 2014 Mustang was of a better quality.
MyPorsche (15).jpg

MyPorsche 2(1).jpg

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Congrats!
Nice 997! I dig the Cocoa interior!

For the top you can look into 303 Aerospace products or Raggtop products. Both excellent. Use their cleaner and then protectant and your top will gain some much needed life/looks and protection.

The wood I would just use something like Mckee's37 total interior detailer to clean/wipe it down. It has UV properties so it will be protected.

Leather: Your seats should be coated leather, and your dash will be uncoated. The same detailer ^^can be used on your seats, but will be a shorter term product for them. You can look into McKee's37's leather conditioner, Pinnacle leather cleaner, and conditioner (both brands are excellent)

You could also use a ceramic coating for leather on your seating surfaces if you wanted additional protection.

I would keep your dash juiced up (conditioned) every month or two to keep it from drying out from the sun/UV rays.

Hope this helps and have fun with your 911!!!

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Congrats!
Nice 997! I dig the Cocoa interior!

For the top you can look into 303 Aerospace products or Raggtop products. Both excellent. Use their cleaner and then protectant and your top will gain some much needed life/looks and protection.

The wood I would just use something like Mckee's37 total interior detailer to clean/wipe it down. It has UV properties so it will be protected.

Leather: Your seats should be coated leather, and your dash will be uncoated. The same detailer ^^can be used on your seats, but will be a shorter term product for them. You can look into McKee's37's leather conditioner, Pinnacle leather cleaner, and conditioner (both brands are excellent)

You could also use a ceramic coating for leather on your seating surfaces if you wanted additional protection.

I would keep your dash juiced up (conditioned) every month or two to keep it from drying out from the sun/UV rays.

Hope this helps and have fun with your 911!!!

Thanks, I've ordered the McKee's. I found the 303 at WalMart too. The seats are in great shape except one small indent on the rear seat where something was stored too long. It's the dash. There is no good way to fix it once it goes that doesn't involve pulling the dash and dealing with endless squeaks.

I had the dealer looking for a car for me. I wanted a 991 S Cab with a PDK but he sent me this as a joke and at first I was put off by the "brown". I usually hate brown but once I saw it in person the cocoa is rich and has a real class look to it. Especially paired with the Makassar.
I took it for a test drive and fell in love.

Users who are viewing this thread