best way to close hood?

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
How do you guys close your hood? I tried placing it down and pressing on it, but it didn't latch and I was afraid to press harder. So I drop it from about a foot up and it closes fine. However I've heard some people say dropping the hood can crack the paint on top. Since the hood is fiberglass, is it safe to press pretty hard without fear of denting or flexing the hood so the paint cracks? If so, I may try to press harder instead of dropping it.

Thanks!

Nightmare

i dropped the hood on my gt for 2 years with zero problems. Been doing the same on my cobra

Fleck 5

Established Member
I drop mine and I have thin cracks running from the front of hte hood to the back on the side of the cowl. I am pretty sure it is from shutting the hood.

Fleck 5

Established Member
I drop mine and I have thin cracks running from the front of the hood to the back on the side of the cowl. I am pretty sure it is from shutting the hood.

Fast Willy

Established Member
Dropping it is just fine. If it was a smaller layer of fiberglass then it might be a dif story but the hood is pretty thick so it shouldnt be a problem.

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
See, Fleck 5's post is what scares me. Everytime I close my hood now, I look for cracks.

What's this adjustment I hear that can make the hood close more easily?

Users who are viewing this thread