Best way to deter theft of car?

Azsnake

Established Member
I'm headed home for the holidays on Saturday and I am leaving my car parked in my apartment complex lot for 3 weeks. Its a very quiet area but I still am going to worry. What's the best way to deter thieves? I plan on backing up to the curb and turning the front wheels. Pull some fuses? It will be under a covered spot. I realize they can flat bed it if they really want it. Just looking for some ideas. Thanks!

Drazga

Established Member
I'm headed home for the holidays on Saturday and I am leaving my car parked in my apartment complex lot for 3 weeks. Its a very quiet area but I still am going to worry. What's the best way to deter thieves? I plan on backing up to the curb and turning the front wheels. Pull some fuses? It will be under a covered spot. I realize they can flat bed it if they really want it. Just looking for some ideas. Thanks!

see how much it is to rent a storage jawn for a month :shrug:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Take anyone of a number of fuses out, fuel pump etc..
Plus your car has PATS security so 95% of the time it would have to be towed from the complex!

zacharyt1122

Established Member
f-Anti-Theft-Sticker-6266.jpg

Get one of these, guarenteed to work!

No, j/k, I lived in an apt complex for 2 years, and every single night I would step outside too look to make sure my cars were still there. But honestly, I would throw some locking lug nuts on it, and crazy as it sounds, a anti-theft bar. This looks crazy, but a lot of thiefs will not mess with a car that they have to do extra work to steal. Tinted windows also help. GL :thumbsup:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
dude your sig is ****ing huge again....

And OP most of the time they'll have a repo style wrecker and yank your car in 30 seconds if they want it bad enough.

Bite Me

Established Member
A cougar in the back seat works wonders.....

If you cant put it in a garage somewhere then your pretty much ****ed. Ask around, ask friends, parents, etc. Someone will surely let you use their garage for maybe a trade of some sort.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
You're in AZ, right? Round up some rattlesnakes and throw them in the car....If anyone breaks in, well, they're in for a helluva surprise! lol

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Put the car up on cinder blocks and take the wheels off. It'll look like someone already got to it. No one likes sloppy seconds!

OldSVTGuy

Established Member
Hey, this should work:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geynA-JYDHE"]YouTube - Suburban Auto Group Trunk Monkey #4 - Thrown off a Bridge[/nomedia]

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Maybe you could chain the wheel spoke around the A arm, so that the car cannot possibly be moved without taking ofthe wheel or cuttingthe chain. I'd be more afraid of vandals than car theives.

Azsnake

Established Member
I decided to put the car into a storage place. Only $60 for the time I'm using it. Locked with a gate and secure. Gives me pretty good piece of mind!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Similar situation when I was in the AF. I lived right out the front gate off base, and was driving my mustang home for the first time. Gone home for two weeks. Luckily I put my truck in a gated storage shed. While I was gone some local punk kids went around the apt. complex, popping car doors open with crow bars and stealing the stereos out of them. I still cringe when I think about how that phone call and the eight hour drive back to see how bad the damage was would have gone.

DSC04057.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread