Best Way To Get Past A Work Mess Up

Blackness03

Established Member
Wont look good on the yearly review but everyone makes mistakes. If it was going to happen I think it would have happened before your vacation (which is shitty I don't know why companies do that), but glad to hear they didn't let you go and are giving you a 2 week paid vacation, id go to the beach and relax and think of ways to improve.

Maustang

Established Member
Just wanted to update this thread really quick. I returned from my trip last week and I thought everything was old news, but I was called into the Director's office late today and was told "being that the investigation is almost wrapped up, its standard protocal that we suspend you with pay for a week or two." He also mentioned to think of it as a mini vacation. He said he isnt concerned about the hardcoding but that he is more concerned about me catching on after 3 months. FYI, I am a horrible note taker and I basically get lazy during training sessions and stop taking notes. I need to definately change some of my cognitive habits.

The amount of time they think they need to clean out your desk.
If I were you I would be looking for a new job.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
At least you didn't get shit canned op. If your mind is drifting sounds like you need a script for Adderall.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
At least you didn't get shit canned op. If your mind is drifting sounds like you need a script for Adderall.

+1.

Take them when you have to attend those meetings. You'll either focus on the topic at hand or a crack in the wall. Either way, your mind won't be drifting off.

2001sleeper

Established Member
OP did not make a mistake.
He made a decision to deliberately falsify a document that knowingly had implications.

That is not a mistake, that is complete disregard for the job that he has experience doing. We are not talking about somebody green to the industry.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
getting suspended for hardcoding an excel sheet to save time = :bored:

OP, next time come with a cooler story. Like getting caught after hours in the maintenance closet with the cleaning lady or something. Be creative, after all, this is SVTP. :poke:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
OP did not make a mistake.
He made a decision to deliberately falsify a document that knowingly had implications.

That is not a mistake, that is complete disregard for the job that he has experience doing. We are not talking about somebody green to the industry.

We can't confirm or deny the bolded.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I gotta be honest, I don't know that you survive their so called "paid suspension."

Hopefully you do and can change your work habits, good luck.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I've always had problems lining up the bolts that hold on calipers, so to save time, I just put them on with zip ties.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Usually what happens is my boss will approve all reconciliations before Internal Audit looks at the items. This allows corrections to be made before Audit looks at it. However, my boss had been on vacation and Audit went into all of my accounts before she approved them, for whatever reason. I do take notes, however, after a half hour or so, my mind starts drifting and I get bored. This then causes myself to miss key details. Ive been thinking of checklists for myself to create as a system to use before submitting anything. What works for me may not work for others. I'm a intelligent guy and I am not making excuses here, but I do not catch onto new items as quickly as others. Also, I need to somehow learn to prioritize and not half ass things, to meet deadlines.

This sounds like your ADD kicking in. I would think your medication would be combating this problem. For the 13 years I took meds for ADD, one thing was for certain, I stayed focused.

hb712

Established Member
This sounds like your ADD kicking in. I would think your medication would be combating this problem. For the 13 years I took meds for ADD, one thing was for certain, I stayed focused.

That always bothers me. I have ADHD and have never once used it as an excuse for not paying attention or not doing what I need to do. It requires significant effort to remain focused, to refocus after slips, and to prioritize properly but it can be done. I'm also very hyperactive, so I deal with an additional component which must be controlled (exceptionally difficult during long, boring training). I can understand some more lapses for someone undiagnosed, but it's inexcusable for someone who knows what they're dealing with. /rant

Beyond that, I don't think ADD is his problem. The very last sentence of what you quoted makes the OP's issue(s) crystal clear; he knowingly half-asses things. That's not an acceptable behavior for a professional, and I really hope it's a behavior which can be quickly modified.

Users who are viewing this thread