Best way to hold mufflers in place

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
if the connection at the over the axle pipe is tight it shouldnt move at all. those mounts are pretty good actually. iv had my exhaust on and off my old car a few times and twice on my new car with no issues like that.

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
I torqued my exhaust clamps to 35 lbs-ft and they have stayed centered in the rear valance with no movement at all. I don't think you have yours tight enough.

Tim Comer

Established Member
I just found out Flowmaster includes hanger keepers to keep the mufflers from sliding on the wire. Trouble is, I had a shop install these as I also had them install the Lethal over axle pipes. I couldn't get the car in the air far enough to get the old exhaust off. Since that was two weeks ago, those keepers are gone. I know what they look like now, just need to find a set or call Flowmaster and see if I can get some.

orange_whiner

Pro-class stoplight racer
Established Member
They're called tooth lock washers you can get the from your local hardware store for cheap. Size is probably 3/16ths but measure just incase.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
i have flowmasters and dont have this issue. a shop installed your mufflers right? did you double check the connection to see if it is actually tight? or are you just saying they are? if they are tight enough your mufflers shouldnt move period. those hangers are just supports. you get the connector snug then move the muffler around to make sure the tip is where you want it then tighten the connector. no keepers needed at all.

Users who are viewing this thread