best way to low 12's...

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
Last time at the 1/8 I made an 8.6 on f1's & no t-bars at 60*. I'm going for low 12's (1/4).
How can I drop (at least) 6/10th's off my 1/8 times. I can't afford a built block right now. But a S/C (MP) might be within reach.

I'm running a ported eaton w/4# and other small stuff. What would the cheapest way to go? :??: I already have VB on order. Thanks

P.S. I also want to avoid blowing up the motor till I can afford another one.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
Traction Bars, slicks, tune, ported blower, 4 or 6 lb lower, cold air, vb, i dont know maybe somebody else can help

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
Gladiator said:
Traction Bars, slicks, tune, ported blower, 4 or 6 lb lower, cold air, vb, i dont know maybe somebody else can help
he said he has a ported blower with a 4#...you could always spray...

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
About the T-bars... Would lakewoods be ok? Or would I do better with 58" T-bars.

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
00sVt Lightning said:
he said he has a ported blower with a 4#...you could always spray...
That would probably put me at higher risk of blowing it up... :nono:
..wouldn't it?

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
depending on how much u spray, dont go crazy but a 100shot should be find. you can aslo get a kb..but then you would want a built motor before you can really get what the KB can do.

With traction bars, lakewoods are ok IMO. I have a set on my truck and they are working out. I would much rather have 58" bars though. From what everything that uses the 58" bars say, its a big difference over the lakewoods.

ViciousJay

Established Member
yea but dont you have cams andhead work??? hey Pimp have you heard about Metco's pulley kit at chickenears, and if so does it have any REAL gains or is it worthless?

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Gladiator said:
yea but dont you have cams andhead work??? hey Pimp have you heard about Metco's pulley kit at chickenears, and if so does it have any REAL gains or is it worthless?

I haven't given it any thought actually. I don't know :shrug:

ViciousJay

Established Member
help keep rear planted, traction is everything you can all the power in the world but if you cant plant it, it aint going NO WHERE

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
I want to leave the juice as a last resort. Like to do a high 11 pass.
If I install my lakewoods and get some 28" slicks I think it would take maybe 2 tenths off. How can I get that last 4/10th's off.
Would a C&L plenum/SBTB and/or E-Fan help me any? What about a 2500 RPM Stall? I know somene who can make me one. I also plan to do a retune and add a 104/103 octane tune to it.

Last edited:

thubigdawg

GO CANES!!!
Established Member
Gladiator said:
help keep rear planted, traction is everything you can all the power in the world but if you cant plant it, it aint going NO WHERE

Yeah, thats what i thought. thanks man. :coolman:

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
Nitrous... seems like a lot to pay for a track use only mod. I don't go to the track all that much. Maybe once every couple of weeks. Maybe even less once I get to where I want to be. I need something more street friendly, (daily use) mods.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
a four pounder with the right conditions can get you into the 12's. Thats plently fast for a street driven vehicle. Adding N2O to the mix for the track only helps give you that extra 'edge' when you need it for the track and the street. I am in favor of using it. I had a 75 shot on my truck at one time but never hit the button, after the built block comes you better believe that I will have a 75 shot on there again.

jesse

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Get a KB and your there. Nothing else. Keep it pullied for no more than 15 #'s. With the KB@15#,ftvb, Nitto's, Slappers, PSP cold air, Efan. I ran 12.02 @ 115mph. No other mods on 93 octane. I bought a TB after that and ran 11.86 @ 115.8. If you look at the cost of all the parts you need to get a ported Eaton or a MP to run Hi 11's or Low 12's It all even's out. Just the fact of have a completely stock exhaust Makes the KB the same price as a MP. And MP don't make any power til they are over 20# of boost.

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
If I did get a 50 shot. How much should I expect to pay for a full kit?
The more I think about it, the better it sounds.

And how safe is it on a stock block? Can it be used back-to-back at the track? Does it harm the engine each time it's used, with a tune? And would I need to put it on a dyno?

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
2bscrewed said:
Get a KB and your there. Nothing else. Keep it pullied for no more than 15 #'s. With the KB@15#,ftvb, Nitto's, Slappers, PSP cold air, Efan. I ran 12.02 @ 115mph. No other mods on 93 octane. I bought a TB after that and ran 11.86 @ 115.8. If you look at the cost of all the parts you need to get a ported Eaton or a MP to run Hi 11's or Low 12's It all even's out. Just the fact of have a completely stock exhaust Makes the KB the same price as a MP. And MP don't make any power til they are over 20# of boost.

Nice numbers, I am close though with a stock bottom end and I am Eaton Powered baby.... :D

Users who are viewing this thread