bests of 13.166 ET and 110.26 MPH (1st time out)

arizona302

Established Member
Went to L.I. Motorsports Park on Saturday with my 03 for the 1st time. The weather was okay, not too humid and about 80 degrees, not sure if any significant elevation. My 03 Cobra has 2,800 miles, MAC 2 ½ inch CB and Steeda CAI. The car had about ½ tank of fuel, and nothing removed from car, tires at normal operating pressure. This was my 1st time out with this car. I’ve attached the details of all six passes including the time of day.

My 1st three runs were mostly for feeling out the car right as I got there, granny shifting at 6 grand. For all the launches I was slipping the clutch out while holding the revs between 2-3 grand. I didn’t get any wheel hop probably because I didn’t ever flat out dump the clutch hard – that’s for next time out. :beer:

The next three runs were after the car sat for about 25 minutes. I power shifted 1-2 at about 6200-6300 (too close to tell) and granny shifted 2-3 and 3-4. My last run would have been the best ET but I hit the rev limiter at the top of 3rd gear and the car felt like it took a nosedive.:dw:

Best 60 ft= 2.184

Last edited:

arizona302

Established Member
any feedback

What do you think? Does the MPH sound about right? I know the Steeda didn't add much without a pulley, chip.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
The Et's will come with Practice..I'd say the MPH is very good considering my car went 110 also stock with just K&N,,but that was in cool fall weather..You could add atleast 2mph if you ran in the cool fall weather as i did.
It was a good start,,when you get shift points down and improve your 60fts you will fly....

not to mention a little pulley swap:beer:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
MPH sounds very right. I agree that you're probably having launch problems. It's a bitch to launch on street tires with 400 ft lbs of torque. I've been trying, but almost always end up spinning a bit. A couple times on hot tires and warm pavement, I hooked up good in 1st gear. The car pulled so hard I actually saw stars. :rolling:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
I had the same result first time out (13.1 at 110 mph), and I have very similar mods. My launch sucked! (2.1 60' time)

Users who are viewing this thread