Better weekend toy/roll racer - 2014 750rwhp Whippled GT500 or 2018 850rwhp Whippled GT350?

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I was on track with a Whipple'd GT350 on Friday and that car sounded incredible. That said, I wasn't overly impressed. The owner said it was making 830 to the tire but I was all over him in my bone stock 2015 C63s and he had to point me by on the straight. Something clearly wasn't right

Streetpwr281

Established Member
I was on track with a Whipple'd GT350 on Friday and that car sounded incredible. That said, I wasn't overly impressed. The owner said it was making 830 to the tire but I was all over him in my bone stock 2015 C63s and he had to point me by on the straight. Something clearly wasn't right

Interesting though driver mod could be a major factor in that scenario. Dude may just be very conservative driver or new to open track? 830whp GT350 should easily pull away from a C63S on a long straight although in right sections that C63S w power to weight ratio and efficient auto trans is no slouch. I work at MB and those AMG’s are built for track duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
All things equal you value will be better with the 500. That 350 will be very modded if FI and will take the right buyer later on to give any serious money.

If you like foxes, what about a nicely done Terminator? That would be a safe place to park some money while you figure it out. Probably $30K.

Tom

Streetpwr281

Established Member
All things equal you value will be better with the 500. That 350 will be very modded if FI and will take the right buyer later on to give any serious money.

If you like foxes, what about a nicely done Terminator? That would be a safe place to park some money while you figure it out. Probably $30K.

Tom

I’ve never been a fan of the 03/04 Cobra aesthetics. Fox coupe w all the goodies would be my first choice but either like finding a needle in a haystack to buy (plus $30k+) or a major project to undertake to build. 13/14 GT500s I’m super familiar w and if the right modded one hits the market might be the choice. I’ve looked at a couple heavily modded FI GT350s. You really think the resale market on a FI GT350 is very limited?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boduke0220

Established Member
I really like the GT350’s, but I am scared of their oil consumption issues. Mustang lifestyle has one that seems to be solid. I’d go for the GT350 or wait to get a 20 GT500 at MSRP

Users who are viewing this thread