Beware of Bob's Discount Furniture

Never_Enough

Established Member
I'm sure some of you know that this is a chain furniture store. This story is just too ridiculous not to share. The level of incompetence is astounding. Anyway, I decided on a sofa from them. Bought it in store on Monday. Delivery scheduled for Wednesday. That all went well.

Wednesday morning they show up...with only half of the sofa! (It's a 2 piece power reclining sofa) I call corporate (Store was not open yet) and am told the other half will be delivered tomorrow. WTF?! What am I going to do with half a sofa?! Many more calls to them & the store & lots of frustration on my end results in no gain.

I'm assured it will be here this morning. Nope, get a automated message late last night saying delivery window moved to between 1:45 PM and 5:45 PM. PITA, but whatever. I called first thing today to see about getting it back to morning delivery. Nope! I had to move an important meeting because of this. It's around 3 PM so I check their tracker online. It says my delivery was cancelled!!!!

I call corporate & someone cancelled it at 7 AM, but no one knows who or why. I call store & ask for the manager. "He'll call you back" Nope, I'm 15 minutes from the store so I storm in!

More of the no answer bs no one knows what happened we're working on it. Who cares who cancelled it at this point. The issue is DELIVER THE OTHER HALF OF MY SOFA THAT I PAID FOR!! I am told there is a chance it can still be delivered tonight. If not, definitely tomorrow & they will call me by 6 PM. (I was there around 4 PM) While there, I told them pick up the half you delivered & refund me if I don't get it tomorrow.

No call at 6 PM so I call them & am told they never heard from their routing team or whatever. Call corporate a few more times & keep getting told they cannot add it on for tomorrow b/c all trucks are full. **** you, pick this POS up & refund my CC then. They say they can't do that once merch is delivered. LOL you only delivered half!

I call store again & now it's "We're trying to get in touch with our delivery manager". Acting like I can still get it tomorrow. At this point, I have already done a chargeback.

Looks like I'll be going to The Dump tomorrow to see what they have. Ashley & Raymour didn't have anything I liked. I don't want another leather or vinyl sofa & it must recline. Also, hoping to get a 2 cushion one rather than the 3 small cushion sofa. I've been without a sofa for a week now. I guess I should not have let the folks that bought my old sofa pick it up Monday LOL!

I cannot fathom how stupid you have to be to keep ****ing up one simple delivery so much & then, pretty much, tell the customer "F you". Who's drinking with me? lol

Never_Enough

Established Member
How the hell do you forget the other half...

They should be going out of their way to help you not screw you.
That's what anyone with half a brain that is not a POS would think, but this company must be full of idiots & aholes. I never post on Yelp or anything, but I might have to on this.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Send in ICE and check the workers....lol....I have Bob's furniture drilled in my head day and night with the commercials. And not even the real Bob we get the cartoon Bob also. I have never bought anything there and been satisfied buying from Raymour & Flanigan.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I bet the guy who lives 3 miles down the road, with the other half of that couch sitting in his house, isn't a happy customer of Bob's Discount Furniture either. ;)

4a7191a

Established Member
I love lamp

Sorry about that op :/
I usually buy and pickup at the store instantly. I don't like to wait for delivery.

hemdog

Established Member
We just got a Bob's in our area and even though we're shopping for a sectional, it isn't even on the radar. The commercials are just too annoying, lol. Most of the stores here are either Ashley/Big Box quality or high end stuff. Just can't do $6k+ for a couch with having a 6yo and a puppy soon. Even without a kid and dog, I'd be nervous with it.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
No idea. They have free candy, though.

Supposedly, I am supposed to now receive the other half of the sofa this morning. We shall see.

If you receive the other half and already did a charge back, how will that work? Will you cancel the charge back or keep the money due to the BS you went through?

Never_Enough

Established Member
If you receive the other half and already did a charge back, how will that work? Will you cancel the charge back or keep the money due to the BS you went through?
I will call corporate & get some sort of partial refund for all the bs & cancel the chargeback.

However, I called corporate this morning (Store doesn't open till 10) to verify delivery for today & they said store requested the add-on, but was denied. So either the store lied to me again or these idiots still have NFC what they are doing. I have a feeling they lied again & I'll have to go out in this shit weather to buy another sofa.

alex3610

Established Member
Not sure if they are in your area but we bought a bunch of stuff from Haverty' s when we bought our house. Big step up in quality from Ashleys and places like that but not $6k for a couch either.

I also found a leather couch and chair that I fell in love with at Lazy Boy. Problem was they quoted is 26 weeks for delivery! Ended up finding a place I thunk called home makers furniture (Berkshire Hathaway owned company) in Iowa that had it in stock and they were significantly cheaper than lazy boy. Even after paying for truck freight we still saved about $650.

Users who are viewing this thread