BF goodrich g force drag TA 2

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
Guys do any of you have these tires or have had them in your car? If so, are they good? How wide is a 315 35 17 say comparing to nittos or toyos? Any pics? Im trying to decide between these and the toyo proxes tq. Thanks

Comp281

Established Member
Toyo & BFG 315's are similar in width and usually get mounted on the 10.5" replica wheels. The Nitto 315's are narrower and can fit on the stock 9" wheel. I love the BFG drag radials. I've had them on a couple of my cars. I wouldn't recommend them if the car will be driven in the rain but for a sunny day weekend car they are great.

mystickb1996

Established Member
yes i have them right now on my 14 5.0 295/35/18 and i have to say im vary impressed with them, they hook hard and dont need alot to get warm. iv run alot of different dr's and these kill the nitto 555r's.. cant say they will last as long but they hook good and are quite on the road, i use them on my daily driver. they do run a little wide in the 295 i have so id say the 315 will run wide also

btw the toyo tq is hard to beat for the price! for my cobra the toyo's will replace the r888s because you can almost buy 2 sets for the price of r888s

Last edited:

03' White Snake

Established Member
I run the traditional tread version and I swear by them. They hook great. But they do wear kinda fast. I got about 2500 miles out of them and they were close to gone. BFG's run a bit wider then most tires. Only DR I will ever run on my car.

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
Thanks guys for all the input. So far Im leaning on the BFs just because I like the way they look. My car is not a daily driver. Toyo TQs are hard to beat as far as price goes. One thing I noticed online is thar the BF goodrich drags show 2 different thread designs. One almost looks like a street radial and the other looks similar but with a bald line down the middle. Is it the same tire? Or are they different? Thanks

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
Toyo & BFG 315's are similar in width and usually get mounted on the 10.5" replica wheels. The Nitto 315's are narrower and can fit on the stock 9" wheel. I love the BFG drag radials. I've had them on a couple of my cars. I wouldn't recommend them if the car will be driven in the rain but for a sunny day weekend car they are great.

Are they very bad in rain? I dont daily drive my cobra but I have been in rain before.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
When I bought my car it had the BFG DRs on it and they are a very good tire. Im running the 10.5 reps and I switched to the Nitto 555R. The BFG will hook way better than the Nitto but they will not last nearly as long. The Nitto is also considerably smaller, once the Nittos were mounted you could see they were not as wide as the BFGs (both 315s). Considering how much I drive my car I wish I would of stayed with the BFG but the Nittos should last me a couple of years.

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
When I bought my car it had the BFG DRs on it and they are a very good tire. Im running the 10.5 reps and I switched to the Nitto 555R. The BFG will hook way better than the Nitto but they will not last nearly as long. The Nitto is also considerably smaller, once the Nittos were mounted you could see they were not as wide as the BFGs (both 315s). Considering how much I drive my car I wish I would of stayed with the BFG but the Nittos should last me a couple of years.

Good info brother. I had 555r before and yes they seemed narrow. Tough decision to make considering its only 50.00 difference between both sets.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Which are the traditional? Part number?

Traditional have tread across entire tire. Thats what I run. The New Tread is the one that looks bald down the middle. Same rubber compound just different tread pattern. It usually is depicted by the size of the tire for which tread pattern you can get.

This is only 275/40/17. Excuse the 4x4 stance. This is right after I bought the car in 07'.

S6300143.jpg

S6300144.jpg

Last edited:

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
Traditional have tread across entire tire. Thats what I run. The New Tread is the one that looks bald down the middle. Same rubber compound just different tread pattern. It usually is depicted by the size of the tire for which tread pattern you can get.

This is only 275/40/17. Excuse the 4x4 stance. This is right after I bought the car in 07'.

S6300143.jpg

S6300144.jpg

Ok I see it looks like a street radial. I like the look. Thanks man

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Established Member
Looks like I have found the Toyo Tqs fairly cheap so I may be buying them instead of the bf goodrich. I keep reading that the BFs do not last long. The other thing that I have read is that the Nitto NTO5 run fairly wide compared to other nittos. IF its true, that may be another option.

Users who are viewing this thread