BFG 315 DR/Nitto 555R compare pics

totaled

Established Member
I changed from the BFG 315 Drag radials to the Nitto 315 drag radials today and took and few pictures. I was surprised how much wider the BFG was!! I switched to the Nitto's for the street as they have to wear better than the BFG's. I will still use the BFG's for my track ventures as I love there grip :thumbsup: I don't think any tire will give me traction on the street in first and 2nd gear but hopefully the Nitto's will be an improvement over the stock Goodyears.

BFGnitto315.jpg

BFGnit315.jpg

bfgnitto.jpg

bfgnitside.jpg

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
What size wheels are those mounted on? 17x9?

totaled

Established Member
Originally posted by Hunter
What size wheels are those mounted on? 17x9?

Yes, the stock 17x9's. One good thing about the Nitto's being narrower is they look good on the 9" rim where as the BFG's didn't from a side view.

DaveSVT03

Established Member
looks good - I'm thinking about getting the 315 Nittos for the rear when my stocks wear out. Any rubbing issues yet?

Thanks for posting the pictures - helps a lot to see them mounted on the stock rims. Convinced me that it's a viable option.

Dave

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
No rubbing issues at all with the 315 Nitto Drags on the stock rear rims. I have had them on since November. They look real nice and everytime someone sees them on my 03 Cobra..they get them for theirs.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Damn dude, what mods do you have and how much are you putting out? I can't spin my Nittos at ALL, unless I dump it at like 3K. First grips with minimal spin at the start, second and third only chirp when powershifting. And this is on the STREET :eek: I ran a 3.8 and a 4.0 0-60 today with them, they grip pretty darn well IMHO :)

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
I just bought some AFS 17 X 10.5 rims and now am debating internally on what tires to buy. Thinking of either the Nitto 315's or a BFG KD in the 315 size.

How are the Nitto's in general ( noise and harshness) and in high speed cornering on the street?

Gord

randy

Established Member
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru
Damn dude, what mods do you have and how much are you putting out? I can't spin my Nittos at ALL, unless I dump it at like 3K. First grips with minimal spin at the start, second and third only chirp when powershifting. And this is on the STREET :eek: I ran a 3.8 and a 4.0 0-60 today with them, they grip pretty darn well IMHO :)
I haven't used WOT in first gear on the street since I got the kennebell. I spin unless I heat them (315 nittos) up.

totaled

Established Member
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru

I imagine the difference is the amount of torque I am putting out.
I have most all the bolt ons with the exception of headers. Pulleys are 2.77 Reichard non-slip upper and Metco 6# lower.
I, like someone else mentioned, do not go WOT in first, as it is useless but if I go WOT at 20 mph in 2nd it will roast the BFG's.
I haven't had a chance to test the Nitto's yet - as soon as I installed them yesterday it has rained ever since :( The BFG's have been incredible at the track with consistent 1.65 60's without an aggressive start, so I am thinking they will be the stickier of the two tires.

totaled

Established Member
Originally posted by FlashSVT
IMHO, it looks too bubbly (is that even a word?). Still agressive though.

Nitto recommends using a 10.5" rim with their 315/35R-17 drag radial. http://www.nittotire.com

Flash, I like the word bubbly - it fits perfectly :thumbsup: I had the BFG's on for about a month and they looked horrible from a side view - "SUPER BUBBLY" . After getting used to how they looked for a month the Nitto's look great to me on the stock rims :D

randy

Established Member
The BFG's are stickier..period. I have to say that the Nittos are pretty good in rain though.

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by randy
The BFG's are stickier..period. I have to say that the Nittos are pretty good in rain though.

How are the Nittos in the twisties???

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by GordsFord
How are the Nitto's in general ( noise and harshness) and in high speed cornering on the street?

Gord

I haven't noticed any issues with harshness. As for noise, uh, couldn't tell you.

<===No Mufflers

Finally, as far as cornering, I would say they work better than the F1's, but I haven't actually slalomed them or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread