BFG drag radial new tread design vs. old tread design

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
Hey guys, just wondering how many of you run BFG drag radials. I know the tread design on the BFG drag radials has changed, and I am wondering if the new tread design is better than the old tread design. I think you can still buy both designs, so I want to know which one to buy. Has anyone had experience with both? I am currently running Nitto 315 drags, but I am going to a 10.5 rear rim and want wider tires. Thanks in advance for your input. :thumbsup:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
it hasn't really changed (as far as since they have last been made - which has been a couple months already)

the 17's are made in the old tread pattern

the 18's are made in the "new" tread pattern

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
BFG drag radials FTW!!! i used to have BFG's but decided to go with nitto's this time and hate them. with the BFG's at the track i could run an 11.8 and with the shitto's a 12.2

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
BFG drag radials FTW!!! i used to have BFG's but decided to go with nitto's this time and hate them. with the BFG's at the track i could run an 11.8 and with the shitto's a 12.2

yup they hook tons better just dont last too long but very good track tires with good street ability BFG FTMFW:rockon:

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
I have a buddy that loves the 1st gen and his car makes over 1k hp. I love the look of the 2nd but have not had any exp. with them.

Users who are viewing this thread