BFG KDW2s

hj16

Established Member
Anybody run these? Im thinking of going with 265/35/18s up front with 295/35/18s out back.

Looking on TireRack their performance rating are very similar to the BFG KDs which I was originally planning on buying, but are about $100 cheaper PER tire. And seeing that I can get the set of 4 shipped to my door for $910......Its tempting...unless you guys have nothing good to say.

Lets hear it!:beer:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
BFG in general makes good tires, so I don't think you'll be dissapointed. Check out the Nitto 555's and the Kumho's, they're really affordable, and I hear nothing but good about both.

hj16

Established Member
I poop on Nittos:p

Any other opinions? Am I the only guy running/considering running these tires?:shrug:

jshen

Established Member
BFG-KDW-S

I don't know if we're talking about the same tire. Mine are rated "ultra high performance all season" and I love em. No road noise like f-1s..much better handling and better wet and dry weather traction. If I recall, the wear rating is very high.

03CobraRed

Established Member
I had the KDW tires on the stock 17 inch rims and I loved them and they actually hooked for me, I was getting 1.81 60's. I am planning on getting the same tires as you are for my 18s as well, go for it your not gonna be dissapointed.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraRed
I had the KDW tires on the stock 17 inch rims and I loved them and they actually hooked for me, I was getting 1.81 60's. I am planning on getting the same tires as you are for my 18s as well, go for it your not gonna be dissapointed.
I could swear I remember you riding on KDWs....thanks for proving Im not losing it:)

I went ahead and bought the KDW2s:coolman:

PS - How many miles did you get out of them Ray?

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
The KDW-2 is their 2nd gen KDW tire. The 1st gen KDW is a great all-around wet/dry high performance tire IMHO- nearly as grippy as the much more pricey KD's, but without their razor-sharp handling feel. I run KD's on the 03 and KDW's on the 91. The KDWS is a wet/winter/snow performance tire, totally different.

Haven't run the KDW-2 tire yet. The only feedback I've seen so far was in a recent car mag- Car & Driver or Motortrend. They bagged on them though- I think it was a review of the SRT-4 where they said the handling was not up to par because of the KDW-2 tires.

03CobraRed

Established Member
PS - How many miles did you get out of them Ray?

The rear tires saw about 150 or more track/ street passes and last me about 10,000 and the fronts are still going but they are on my friends 97 cobra who I sold my stock rims to. I would say those front tires have got to have around 15,000 on them. I can't wait to get rid of these stupid toyos that came on my 18s, THEY JUST WONT DIE and believe me I beat the hell out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread