Bible Codes

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
I just finished watching a program on the History Channel called Bible codes. Basicly it was about people that have found a way to find "codes" hidden in the Bible about events that have happened throughout mankind. The way it works is people use software to create a matrix of Bible text and search for key words. They showed quite a bit of them on the show that ranged from the 9/11 attack on the Twin Towers to JFK's assassination. One of the guys in the show was even able to find his name in a matrix with the names of other people in his family. Did anyone else catch it tonight? If not, I believe its going to be on again tomorrow.

Just did a quick google search on Bible codes, for those interested check out the link. http://ad2004.com/Biblecodes/indexA.html

Personally I don't believe in the Bible or any religion for that matter, but this program really got me to thinking about things. So far no one has been able to find a "code" revealing who actually wrote the Bible or hid the codes in the text of the Bible but several of the people in the program said there were three possible sources for it. The first source naturally was the author of these codes was in fact God himself. A second option was that the author is someone that is able to travel in time, someone who has seen whats happened and was able to go back in time to write the Bible. The third possibility is Alien intervention. All of the codes discovered so far are in present tense. For example, it showed one of the code matrix for 9/11 and the person that found it did the search with present tense verbs like to burn, to fall, to crash and was able to find a code. He then did it with future and past tense verbs and wasn't able to find anything.

Among other things, they found references of the "end of days" or the destruction of earth. There were several codes that said the Earth would be destroyed in the year 2012. Some of the codes on this said a meteor would hit Earth and destroy it. Others said the Earth would end by atomic haulocost. The interviews were recorded in 2003 and one of the guys refer to a matrix he found that said in the year 2005 there would be a conflict between Syria and Lebannon that would lead to a World War...which results in the "end of days".

It was a pretty neat TV program, If you can you should try to catch it tomorrow on the History Channel.

EDIT: Oh yeah, people feel that these codes will enable us to look into the future for events that are to come. The only way they have been able to find the codes so far is by looking back on an event thats already happened and doing a search for it. Seeing whats to come would be more difficult because they have to know what to look for...which key words to search for. One guy refered to the "end of days" as a time when the world as we know it changes instead of meaning the destruction of Earth. Maybe someday they will be able to see into the future and will be able to tell when the next Tsunami comes or something. Who knows.

Last edited:

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
BlueOval....I found out something that disturbed me quite alot. The Bible Code says that the world is going to end in 2012. The Mayan Calendar also predicts that the world is going to end on December 12, 2012. Does anyone else find this disturbing?

Edit: I also do not beleive in religion or a religion tied God. I do beleive in a creator though.

CaDDy

Banned
It was a re-run, i had seen it on before they make some good arguments but i still agree with the one guy that made that comment about seeing one of your childhood friends on the street. That could have been ANYone of your friends, but to say i will meet Jimmy Smith today on Elm Street is another thing.

December 12th? damnit no Christmas presents for me that year.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You dont need the code to tell you that the world will be hit by a meteor. The book of Revalation states that clearly.

Im a Christian so I believe in God and what the Bible says but I find it kind of hard to believe this code. I still find it very interesting but the code they found about the earth ending in 2012 is contradictory to what the Bible says. The Bible says that we will not know the date nor time of the Gods return so those two statements are contradictory unless God is throwing us a little clue?

WantLightning

Sleep Now in the Fire
Established Member
Anything that anyone has ever written can be made to say exactly what people want it to if they explain it right.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Planet X is going to come back and freethe Nephilims and the end of the world will be upon us. Because the Mayans, Egyptians and Summerians all say so. Even though NASA says that they've been looking and cannot find it it's gotta be true because they had such great technological innovations 2 - 3000 years ago. You know kill a chicken for the Gods to to make it rain and what not. I cannot and will never believe any prophecies. The future is not destined it is created.

Ripper

Established Member
There are a few things that will most likely happen. There will be Earthquakes, there will be Tsunamis, there will be people that didn't deserve to die will die. There will be terrorist attacks, there will be disease, famine, murders. It is not because it is forseen in a book or in some codes. I watched the bible codes on the history channel and if you make the Matrix to look through a Encyclopedia you'll prolly get the same thing or a book with a large amount of text. I just never understood the Bible. Why is the Book of Enoch or other books that have a history of Heavan and Hell. Why are they thrown out and why does the new and old testement condradict each other so much ! I believe in a higher power please I do not wanna get into that subject but I believe in Science and Facts and prophecies have no merit in todays world.

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
Im not saying that its true or anything. Its just a program I watched on the History Channel and thought I would discuss it. Its like WantLightning said, anything can be manipulated to the point where you get the results you want. Im not sure exactly how it works when they find one of the codes or how they arrange their matrix to find them. Ive been looking through web sites at some of the Bible codes people have found. Its all pretty interesting. I guess I should start looking to see if I can find anything about people having the same results in different books. Its just pretty crazy how people can find these "codes" using equal spacing of the letters within a paragraph and find all that stuff. I wish I knew Hebrew and the program was free, Id mess around with it to see what I come up with.

2003 Silver

Banned
I saw parts of the show...It's like the one guy said," if you look at the clouds and you see an elephant-like shape in one of the formations...it doesn't mean it's an elephant". You believe hard enough in something...after awhile you assume it as truth.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I just get all my cool answers from this "code."

OTI1.gif

Xwelder

i'm a welder-I can fix it
Established Member
my .02

The bible code is a real thing. If you watch the show, you know it is. The question is what does it mean? I believe that many of the things found in the code, such as the 9/11 attacks and JFK assasination are to prove to us that it is real. I know about the 2012 deal. Here's some food for thought about that. The Biblical prophecies call for a seven year period beginning with peace for Israel. After 3.5 years, the peace treaty will be broken, and 3.5 years later will be "the end." It is now 2005, and there is real talk about peace in Israel in the news lately. 2012-2005 equals 7. I know that the bible says we will not know the date nor the time, but it also gives us prophesies to know when it's close. I suppose it's possible that it is coincedence, but it's all adding up pretty well. If you don't have yourself right with God, now's probably a good time to get right.

WantLightning

Sleep Now in the Fire
Established Member
Yeah and hey if you see someone else that isn't right jump in front of their car that should fix things

Ripper

Established Member
Xwelder said:
my .02

The bible code is a real thing. If you watch the show, you know it is. The question is what does it mean? I believe that many of the things found in the code, such as the 9/11 attacks and JFK assasination are to prove to us that it is real. I know about the 2012 deal. Here's some food for thought about that. The Biblical prophecies call for a seven year period beginning with peace for Israel. After 3.5 years, the peace treaty will be broken, and 3.5 years later will be "the end." It is now 2005, and there is real talk about peace in Israel in the news lately. 2012-2005 equals 7. I know that the bible says we will not know the date nor the time, but it also gives us prophesies to know when it's close. I suppose it's possible that it is coincedence, but it's all adding up pretty well. If you don't have yourself right with God, now's probably a good time to get right.

They found the same codes in Moby Dick ! Here you one that is really crazy. The third anti christs name is supposed to be Mabus. The guy who just took over Yasser Arafats position is Mohammed Abbus ! :poke:

UCBeau

Ripper said:
Planet X is going to come back and freethe Nephilims and the end of the world will be upon us. Because the Mayans, Egyptians and Summerians all say so. Even though NASA says that they've been looking and cannot find it it's gotta be true because they had such great technological innovations 2 - 3000 years ago. You know kill a chicken for the Gods to to make it rain and what not. I cannot and will never believe any prophecies. The future is not destined it is created.
i believe you

Xwelder

i'm a welder-I can fix it
Established Member
WantLightning said:
Yeah and hey if you see someone else that isn't right jump in front of their car that should fix things
Don't group me with them. I read about that and they were wrong. Yes, I'm a christian. That means I try to be like Christ. Nowhere in the bible have I found where Jesus preached to a captive audience. It was always to people who came to hear him. This thread was about the bible code. If you were reading it, then you must have had some interest in it. I only expressed my opinion. I even said "my .02." I also was not judging when I said what I did about not being right with God. I didn't say anybody was or was not. I intentionally said "if you don't have yourself right with God" in a way for whomever was reading this to judge only themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread