Big Scare Today

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
I was getting on the freeway and all of a sudden the car falls on it's face and starts sputtering and won't do anything but idle. I pulled over on the on ramp and opened the hood and the motor is displaying symptoms of a misfire. I backed it up the on ramp and babied it home. I check the FRPS and it's good, pull the passenger coil cover and number 7 had completely backed out of the head. My threads seemed good so I put the plug back in to 10 ft pounds and it seems to be holding. Anyone else ever had a plug back out? These are the factory plugs and the car is stock except for a FIPK and cat back. Only 32k on the ticker as well.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
wow, sounds like got real lucky by not having any damaged threads from the sparkplug backing out. Remember not to remove any of the plugs while the engine is still hot, that is also not good for the threads.

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
Good news, I have the 8/9 thread head on the car according to the service records (had the passenger side head replaced for the "tick"). All I can assume now is that it worked itself out or the tech that did the head work 2 years ago did not tighten this one plug. Either way, I'll be checking them all the time now. By the way, all other 7 plugs were tight.

Users who are viewing this thread