Big THANK YOU to "Shaun" @ AED and "Jesse" and "Mo" @ SCT

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I finally have a properly tuned and awesome running car due to a few people I would like to thank. I was experiencing connectivity issues with my SCT iTSX starting in the middle of May. I think over a week long period I was on the phone with SCT tech support about 20 times. I know I must have spoken to everyone there after calling so many times. My first issue with the iTSX was that I was having intermittent bluetooth connectivity failures, followed by Live Link connectivity issues, followed by low resolution data logs. Like I mentioned above, I spoke to probably everyone in tech support, but I would really like to thank "Mo". She was the most thorough out of everyone I spoke to, and really seemed concerned about all the issues I was having and was determined to get me fixed up. As it turned out, I had to send my iTSX dongle back to SCT twice for replacement. Throughout the entire deal, I must have shot Shaun at AED about 30 emails because I wanted AED to tune my car, but couldn't because of all the issues with the iTSX I was having. I was frustrated to say the least. Shaun helped me out by forwarding an email that I wrote him advising of the continued issues, to Jesse @ SCT, who I understand runs the tech department......As you could probably imagine, the email I wrote Shaun (Venting to him..... after the replacement of the first Dongle didn't fix my problems)...wasn't pretty. I was mad and said some things I shouldn't have about SCT and the iTSX in general..... My email was immediately answered by Jesse at SCT. Despite my attitude problem in the email, Jesse responded in a friendly way. Jesse apologized for the issues I was having and advised that he would do everything in his power to get me squared away.......and he came through. The second dongle I received came lightning fast has been perfect. No issues what-so-ever at all....Thanks Jesse! How your company handled this issue says a lot about how SCT does business....I should also mention that I was technically about a month and a half out of warranty too, so SCT really came through in a big way for me. Thanks again!

So.....fast forward to about a week ago...I finally am able to data log properly through Live Link and of course I am super excited because I know I'm only a tune away from having an awesome running AED car......Well, as it turned out, there was yet another delay. Shaun wanted me to log my car on my current aftermarket tune so he could see what it was doing before he sent me his base tune for my mods.....So I shot him the 2 required logs. The response I got floored me...... Without getting into specifics, Shaun advised that my tune was dangerous and based on what he saw, could cause engine damage , and may already have!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!! ---------Luckily, I knew the tune I was running wasn't quite right and only went WOT on it for purposes of data logging. The car maybe only had a hand full of easily driven miles on that tune thank god! (Not a DD). Shaun had me put stock tune back in and switch back to the stock CAI and TB and then re-log, so he could make sure the motor was okay, and the the things he saw in the logs were caused by the tune and not a bad O2 sensor, knock sensor, exhaust leak, etc. Longer story short, Shaun's base tune was 150% better than the garbage that was in there before, and his final tune was even better. Car rips now and runs awesome. Thanks a million Shaun, and I'm sorry for all the emails lol.

Now before any of you ask who's tune was in the car, I'm not about bashing any tuners so I'm not going to publicly state, but I will say that its a tuner that has been catching a lot of heat on here lately... With that being said, I gave the tuner a chance to come through to the point where I wouldn't even be mentioning this next part, but they have not so here goes..... I sent the company my logs over a week ago. I called and verified that they received them and advised that I wanted them to look at them and tell me what they thought. I made no mention to them about what I already knew. I wanted to see if they would tell me the truth about what they saw. Needless to say I have heard nothing. Now I know I wasn't their only customer, but I have read where others on here have sent them their logs and they had revisions the same day....I have heard or received nothing. Read into that what you will......Lets just say at this point, I don't even care if they ever get back to me. I have written them off forever.

The point of this thread was to thank those who have helped me, not to bash those who haven't so, again I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to Shaun at AED. You are truly a cut above the rest sir!.......And THANK YOU to Mo and Jesse at SCT. You are really stand-up people and your actions, despite my shitty attitude, showed me that SCT is a great company.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Ya, I'm still waiting for SCT to call me back after the twenty or more times I called them. They were supposed to have an "engineer" call me back twice, never heard back. It was more of a let me get off the phone with you. This was two months ago mind you, I have up on them.

I have serious resolution issue. Sort of like two hearts beats a year type of deal. They seem not to care. Never had an issue until I updated the device, and they have tried a million things already.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread