Big turbo SRT4 @ track first time

Nxed2

Established Member
Decided to go to our tracks last track day for the 2011 season....I never run at the track but I plan on doing strictly track and stop street racing. This was my first time on slicks at the track and first time @ the track with a "high" whp FWD car... Its a bit more of a challenge to get a good launch..But I think it will get alot better with a lil seat time and track prep.

Car is all stock except for the bigger turbo kit, exhuast and the whole fuel system, Its on full e85 fuel with a summer time street tune.

[youtube_browser]U8De79qFIl4[/youtube_browser]

worst pass was a 12.2 @ 119 best was a 11.7 @ 120 best trap speed was a 122

Track opens back up in 3-4 weeks planning on mid 11's and mid 120's trap speeds. Jusyt need to get the 2 step working and set the boost up higher in lower gears since im on slicks. :beer:

Last edited:

Nxed2

Established Member
11.7@120 on a FWD car is pretty good. Good job!

Its not bad but there are lots of these cars going low 11's with alot more mph then what I did here.... Same basic setup as what I have with slightly smaller turbos. On full e85 I should have been 122-126mph. It must have been slow shifting on my end. :nonono:

jleews6

Established Member
Its not bad but there are lots of these cars going low 11's with alot more mph then what I did here.... Same basic setup as what I have with slightly smaller turbos. On full e85 I should have been 122-126mph. It must have been slow shifting on my end. :nonono:

Very impressive!:eek:
I didn't realise those cars went like that with such little work. Most 03/04 Cobras cant MPH like that with bolt ons.

Nxed2

Established Member
I didn't realise those cars went like that with such little work. Most 03/04 Cobras cant MPH like that with bolt ons.

Yeah, they do trap high. Power to weight ratio.. Its takes no effort to get them well into 400+whp and they usually weigh in low 3000lbs.

The reason Im a bit disappointed is some modded stock frame turbo's have been trapping 118-119..

Cant wait to improve it once the track opens back up in 3 weeks.:rockon:

Nxed2

Established Member

nah, precision 5857 58mm 60.5lbs per min flow these runs was on

1 gear - 11psi
2 gear - 17psi
3 gear - 25psi
4 gear - 25psi

That is the boost per gear I run for when on street tires for traction purposes. I somehow did not THINK to make adjustments for the track and slicks. :bash:

Last edited:

BigDan

Established Member
Nice, next time restart your car before you stage and your n2mb box should come up on the 2 step. Mine did the same.

Nxed2

Established Member
Nice, next time restart your car before you stage and your n2mb box should come up on the 2 step. Mine did the same.

Ha.. Was thinking about doing that but stopped myself.... So does it do that after every time you do a burn out on the 2 step?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
jesus thats quick. i ran one in my lightning on full tilt one time during a little roll race for $100 and barely won. guy ended up having a 50 trim with a whole junkload of nitrous. said he threw a 150shot and was on race gas.
beat him by maybe a bedside at the most, car moved the hell out and i was sure surprised.

i even see guys hiding bigger turbos with the stock turbo shield welded into place and stuff. great little cars and def quick and unsuspecting when you have the driver mod. nice runs buddy!

PKFIRE

Established Member
These srt-4 are quick for what you put into them. I have a stock turbo 04 with E85 tune and planning to turn high 12's with slicks. I'm surprised the stock srt-4 clutch is able to hold the amount of power your putting down.

Spyderbell

No Time for Gas
Established Member
Very cool! I was shit on here when i bought mine new in '05. One of the 2ish white ones around here and i wish i still had it to dd. Was a fun car indeed

Nxed2

Established Member
jesus thats quick. i ran one in my lightning on full tilt one time during a little roll race for $100 and barely won. guy ended up having a 50 trim with a whole junkload of nitrous. said he threw a 150shot and was on race gas.
beat him by maybe a bedside at the most, car moved the hell out and i was sure surprised.

i even see guys hiding bigger turbos with the stock turbo shield welded into place and stuff. great little cars and def quick and unsuspecting when you have the driver mod. nice runs buddy!

Thanks. Geezus a well done 50t car on a 150 shot should trap from at least 130-138 an go low 10's assuming it was done correctly. Good job!
:rockon:

MPH is impressive.I bet that MOFO moves from a roll.

I was actually disappointed in my trap speed being that I do really well with cars that put down some impressive numbers... Its a handful on the street but fun as shit. lol.

Hopefully ill get deeper into the 11's and get a few more mph out of it next outing. Sick Car BTW!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread