BIG WARNIIG for DAVID SIMPSON at NPI

Elof

Established Member
This is the story !
During my plans for building my dream Cobra,I saw this company make C/F Hoods,I had e-mail contact and I orderd one in July 2004, payed for the hood and shipping home to Sweden,since that I have just heard 1000 of excuses why the hood doesen´t show up.

One was that some on the custom drove a fork on some loading machine thrugh the pakage,this is an other excused copied from a other mail:

I'm hopeing to have one finished by 2nd week of jan. Its been tuff sourcing carbon fiber over teh last few months as china stole everything

And so this goes on !

Maby one o two weeks ago it all seams to getting brighter again,but after he had made tha package ,and was sending it away he wrote this:

I’m trying but I might have to refund because I’m having issues trying to find someone whom can deliver the product all the way to you for under 1000.00 on just delivery fee’s. Customs and clearances are where I think were hitting issues now. I’m doing some research to see if theirs a way to have the product be duty free.

But David I have allredy payed you for the shipping whats the fu...ing problem?

As I see it right now,the only way is the press charges agains him,and his company,I have been waiting for allmoast a year,and now i am SO tired of waiting!

I read in some other thread that it seams that there is moore people that´s having problem with this guy,so some one has to do something :cuss: !

Elof Sweden

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yeah this guy from NPI is a real peice of crap. He hosed another member here that goes by Maoun. They are nothing but crooks at NPI, ask for the refund and be done doing business with them. He used the same excuse with Maoun, problems with the shipper etc.. Here is the thread where they screwed Maoun -

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...8&highlight=NPI

Last edited:

merfsiu

Established Member
Sorry about your experience and all but good god reading your post was a chore, and july 04 was 7 months ago, 5 months short of a year. Just makes me wonder how much more of your story is an exaggeration.

Last edited:

KappaRaider

Established Member
merfsiu said:
Sorry about your experiance and all but good god reading your post was a chore, and july 04 was 7 months ago, 5 months short of a year. Just makes me wonder how much more of your story is an exaggeration.

He's Swedish and i wish him good luck on getting any kind of Reinbursment back. Hope it works out for you

merfsiu

Established Member
KappaRaider said:
He's Swedish and i wish him good luck on getting any kind of Reinbursment back. Hope it works out for you
I wish him good luck also. I am not trying to be a prick, i guess i just dont really have to try. :rollseyes

Elof

Established Member
Thank you guys !
I can see through Davids actions that his company is not going so well,but the biggest misstake you can do as a businessman is to start lie to you customer,it NEWER ends well !

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
That sucks. You should have done your research on him & NPI - you're not the first person who has had trouble with him. IIRC, I remember someone (more than one person?) who had issues with him over on BON...hope you get it resolved.

bossman429

Established Member
i almost bought a hood from them then i saw some bad things posted on the net... sorry for your issues man hope it works out

Taz

Established Member
From Another "satisfied" Customer

I posted this yesterday in one of Elof's other threads. This repost is for those of you who are following only this one.

Hey, Elof!

Welcome to the "I've been royally screwed by David Simpson," club. Like you, I am a card-carrying member of that particular club. I sincerely doubt you'll ever get ANYTHING back from that A$$HOLE! Believe me. I tried for MONTHS AND MONTHS AND MONTHS!!!

First, let me tell you what a PATHOLOGICAL LIAR that turkey is: He told you that he was having a hard time getting carbon fiber because China got it all? OH, SWEET JESUS, I'M ROLLING ON THE FLOOR OVER THAT ONE! Wanna know why? BECAUSE THE FREAKING HOODS that A-hole sells ARE MADE IN CHINA!!!!! He doesn't actually manufacture them here. He buys them ALREADY MADE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least, David Simpson, AKA Niche Performance didn't screw me as bad as he screwed you, at least I got SOMETHING for my hard-earned money, I GOT A BROKEN HOOD that I had to have repaired AT MY OWN EXPENSE - never got a dime back from either him or his shipper, eventhough I produced photographic evidence of the damage and a scanned image of the note the driver scrawled across the back of the BOL to prove NO ONE WAS HOME to INSPECT the delivery before it was DUMPED on my doorstep.

Want to know what's REALLY up with your hood delivery? He probably CAN'T find a trans-Atlantic carrier that will even TOUCH a shipment the way he ships that hood. Here's the deal, Niche Performance (NPI) doesn't even box the freaking hoods before shipping them out! THIS IS HOW THEY ARE SHIPPED: wrapped in a SKIN-TIGHT sheet of corrugated cardboard, and then wrapped with a few turns of CLEAR PLASTIC WRAP. No, NOT protective bubble wrap. HELL, NO! Plain old clear plastic wrap, like the shrink-wrap you would wind around a pallet of boxes to keep them stacked together on a pallet. THAT'S IT! And that's probably EXACTLY the way they come to him, EXCEPT I'm sure they're bulk packed in larger containers that DO PROVIDE PROTECTION against shipping damage.

Sooooo, I went round and round with this A-HOLE for MONTHS to get him to exchange the damaged hood for a new one, BUT NOOOOOOOOO!! Finally, after I couldn't wait any longer for A-HOLE to make good (because I was having real clearance problems with the twin-screw blower I had just installed on my car), AND after going round and round with his carrier, trying to get THAT COMPANY to make good on the damage, I ended up EATING an $$$$ EIGHT HUNDRED AND SIXTY US DOLLAR bill for repairs, prep and paint to the hood.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE! And here comes the part you're gonna LOVE. I made some noises about turning David and NPI into internet stars by posting all of the documentation, photos, scanned BOL, etc. on a web page, and then pointing EVERY MUSTANG OWNER on the internet at that page. After I talked about that in a thread on Modular Fords Forums (where unknown to me, David had been lurking) along with stating that I had ALREADY eaten the cost to have the hood done, that DOUCHE BAG sends me an email (after NO REPLIES TO MY EMAILS FOR MONTHS) offering to EXCHANGE the damaged hood for another one. Needless to say, I went ballistic on him AND I reiterated EXACTLY what I intended to do with regard to fronting him off to the entire Mustang community.

So, what do you think A-HOLE does? He offers to just send me a new hood that I can sell to recoup SOME of the money I've spent having the damaged one repaired. I think, "Well hey! Maybe I had the guy all wrong." AND, since a friend of mine with a '99 Cobra expressed an interest in the hood, I tell Simpson that I'll consider us square if he does that. (WTF have I got to lose, I've already eaten the repair cost AND written off the money.) He says okay, that's what he'll do.

Guess what, that was MONTHS AGO. I recently emailed him, asking what happened to the new hood. NO REPLY. (What a freaking SURPRISE!)

Okay, he asked for it. NOW HE'S GOING TO GET IT! After being tied up for some time with other, more urgent matters, I've finally begun working on the long-overdue updates to my website, and guess what - YOU AND EVERYBODY ELSE HERE are going to know when I'm finished. I've saved electronic copies of EVERYTHING related to my EXTREMELY UNHAPPY experience with David Simpson/ Niche Performance. I'm going to drop all that evidence into a page on my site, and then I'm going to post hyperlinks to that page EVERYWHERE. He'll be lucky if he can GIVE his junk away before I'm finished.

Oh, and YES, I contacted my lawyer, but discovered that it was going to cost me WAY more to get any satisfaction out of that dirtbag than just eating the repair costs for the broken part. Mainly because he's in Michigan, and I'm in Arizona. But maybe, just maybe - together, you and I and all the other people Simpson has screwed can put together a compelling CLASS ACTION suit. Think it over and let me know if you'd be interested in making a run at the guy in court.

Either way, good luck. YOU'LL NEED ALL THE LUCK YOU CAN GET. PM me or emai me if you'd like more details.

Regards,

T-

Elof

Established Member
It is no problem to modify you car in Sweden!

Who have you hered that from ;-) ?

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Elof said:
It is no problem to modify you car in Sweden!

Who have you hered that from ;-) ?

I used to know a guy from Sweden. I guess he didn't know what he was talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread