Bigger 03 Cobra Intercooler resivoir?

umustdv8

Established Member
Anyone make a replacement intercooler resivoir for an 03 Cobra? Not the Votech aftercooler tank wherer you have to reloate the battery, but a larger replacement for the stock box.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
I'm looking into getting one from Saleen. I saw one on my buddy's S281 and it holds about twice as much fluid as ours.

MJ

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Are you guys talking about the little plastic tank for our intercooler fluid? Also known as the "degas" bottle.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
Are you guys talking about the little plastic tank for our intercooler fluid? Also known as the "degas" bottle.

Yes.

MJ

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I haven't heard of anything, thats why I just went with the bigger H.E. Thats about all we can do right now, there are no aftermarket intercoolers availible yet either.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I thought "degas" was the term for the radiator coolant overflow. I didnt think the IC/HE coolant got hot enough to need a degas?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Hmm, not sure. I was just reading over the supercharger cooling section in the 2003 workshop manual and it was talking about the little intercooler tank and they referred to it as the degas bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread