bigger rims for 99/01 cobra's

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
I was looking for bigger rims for my car but it seems like none of the bigger rims will fit the 99 cobra. Do we need spacers or is it from the tire rubbing on the finder? I wanted to get Black Deep Dish FR500 Wheel (17x10.5) for the back . Anyone get the 10.5s on there car? thanks for the help

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
For some reason a bolt on the 99' IRS sticks out more than on the 01' and that will require a spacer for a 10.5'' rim. I was gonn aget the FR500's in black also but they were out of stock until feb. and I didnt want to wait so I went with the chrome 18x9 saleens and Im glad I did.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
SPXTrader said:
hey cobra2798....have you lowered yours? if so, do you have any problems with rubbing?
No I havent, Im saving for gears right now. With the 18' rims the ride hieght looks alot better especially the rear so I can deal with it for now.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Menace-01Cobra said:
Steeda also sells a IRS bolt that has a shorter head to clear the rim.
You have 1 inch spacers on the back cause the tires still look tucked into the wheel well, Maybe its just the angle the photo was taken at.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
I had no problem with the IRS bolt, my problem was the knuckle on the tie-rod end was rubbing the inside of my wheel. I just shaved it down a little and I have had no probelms since.

Billy CC

Established Member
JebTonkin said:
I had no problem with the IRS bolt, my problem was the knuckle on the tie-rod end was rubbing the inside of my wheel. I just shaved it down a little and I have had no probelms since.

ditto !!! same here ....I just grided the knuckle a hair with no ill effects...

Users who are viewing this thread