Biggest travel trailer?

TechNine

Muscle Mafia
Established Member
Im looking at a smaller travel trailer (not 5th wheel), and was wondering if others pull one and what size it is? I'm really looking for something around 19-22ft which I think would be fine but just looking for input from others?

Thanks,Jake

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
TechNine said:
No more of a camper, sorry I should have made that more clear...

Wait, wait, wait...you're getting your terminology all screwed up.

When you ask about a Travel Trailer, you mean an RV, not a vehicle trailer to haul your L on.

A camper goes in the bed of the truck, not unlike a cap or a shell, but much, much bigger.

This is a cap or a shell.
lead_large.jpg

This is a camper, with a slide out no less!
adventurer-106dbs-truck-camper.jpg

And this is a Travel Trailer, aka TT.
Kodia_By_Scamper_Travel_Trailer_Exterior_View.jpg

There is a guy over at RV.Net who pulls a Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer with his '04 F150. Here's a picture of it.
crop2.jpg

What you can pull with your L will depend on your performance mods and the tune you have on it.

I have a TT, but I don't use the L to pull it! :D
ExandTT2.jpg

Stewart

Last edited:

TechNine

Muscle Mafia
Established Member
Correct "travel trailer" meaning camper trailer... camper to me is more of general term not specific IE: "5th wheel camper", "pickup camper". But anyways it looks like the 19' trailer i'm looking at is about 2900lbs which I think is pretty safe with street tires.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
TechNine said:
Correct "travel trailer" meaning camper trailer... camper to me is more of general term not specific IE: "5th wheel camper", "pickup camper".

Ah, well don't go to the TT forum and start asking question about campers. They'll direct you to the truck camper forum if you do.

Your 19' TT with the weight you listed should be EASILY handled by your L. There are guys who tow flat-bed trailers with their race L's on them that weigh a lot more than your TT.

Like I posted earlier though, it all depends on your performance mods and tune.

What size pulley do you have on the L? Stock blower? Stock blower pulley?

Stewart

Users who are viewing this thread