Billet Wheel repair

usaf_eagle

Established Member
some jerk off ran a red light, almost t-boned me, so i swerved out of the way and hit the curb on the island on the other side of the intersection.. long story short 2 of my Boyd's are slightly bent now.. theres no tire pressure loss, but its still ugly.. anyone know where I can get them repaired for a reasonable price? I talked to wheel wizards in Atlanta (kinda local) and they wanted $180 a wheel plus $45 a tire.. there's GOTTA be a better deal than that... They're polished billet aluminum 22"x10"

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I wouldn't trust a wheel repair unless it's a section that's cosmetic. Whenever aluminum is damaged, its strength is questionable. What's the cost per wheel and can you get a replacement on eBay?

usaf_eagle

Established Member
Boyd stopped producing the wheel so replacement is out of the question.. its definitely just cosmetic.. the wheels were $700 a pop at retail (thank god for ebay)..

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
usaf_eagle said:
Boyd stopped producing the wheel so replacement is out of the question.. its definitely just cosmetic.. the wheels were $700 a pop at retail (thank god for ebay)..

Considering it will probably take a couple of hours to fill/bend and turn the wheel along with a possible re-seal of the clearcoat, I'd say $180 might not be a bad deal.

Users who are viewing this thread