Billetflow IRS Brace Install...

slow98svt

www.snma.net
Established Member
Has Anyone installed one of these before? How hard is it to install? It had a little write up it came with saying how to do it, doesn't seem too baf except for this if the bolt binds then do this tapping thing.. Any tips would be appreciated :beer:

El Chileño

Established Member
No problem..

Hey, are you sean with the 10th black cobra. Didn't I see you at Midnight Mayhem and your throw out bearing went out???

slow98svt

www.snma.net
Established Member
yeah thats me... got the t.o bearing done next day and got all my goodies ordered and their here just not installed yet.. i'll be out there friday running, got some nitto Drs 315s see what she does almost stock then i'll pull everything on..

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
They are great but if you adjust your pinion angle with a maximum motorports grip box...the brace will not fit anymore. It will rub.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
At least on this car it won't. If you don't do the aluminum differential bushings and don't adjust your pinion angle, it should still fit.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member

I did mine yesterday and used this write-up for the installation. :beer:

I followed everything in the write-up except I only had to remove the right tailpipe from my Borla catback. I didn't have to unbolt the front section with the muffler from the X pipe.

It took me around 3 hours but I was in no hurry as I took frequent breaks to catch up on the football scores... :banana:

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
It might not bother with another car but with this one we had to take off the brace. I remember when I put a KB2.2 on my saleen and it was supposed to clear the factory Saleen heat extractor hood, some other guy did it without any issues. Guess what? My hood didn't clear and I had to buy a cowl hood. Not all cars, especially the mustang, are built to strict standards and there is some variences believe it or not.

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Just installed my BF brace today!! :thumbsup:

It took about an hour and a half. It took some creative contortive moves to succeed but I got it. Once again, I'm very thankful that my friend has a lift that he's generous with. :coolman:

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
its not bad at all just take your time dont get aggrevated and beat stuff with a 10lb sledge hammer

Users who are viewing this thread