BilletFlow lower bracket install

haskett

Established Member
My new engine is almost ready to start. One area I need help piecing back together is the lower bolt on the lower BilletFlow bracket. Can someone tell me what all goes in-between the timing cover and the bracket and in what order?

Right now I have the timing cover, stud, lower W bracket, the lower spacer (long one at bottom, and both shor ones up top), and the the idler bracket. This combination leaves the bracket sticking too far out and nowhere for the bolt to go. Also, the bolt that I have seems way too long at 4-3/4" long. Did I get my bolts mixed up? Finally, it looks like there was a bolt head previously on the outside of the bracket, but my current combo has no such thing.

Thanks!

haskett

Established Member
Here is the bracket (red) and bolt (blue) in question. This picture was taken before I pulled the engine.
FrontIMG_0845bracket_marked.jpg

Right now, this is what I have setup as viewed from under the car from the front. Blue marks the bracket, red the bolt line.
IMG00140-20110311-1811marked.jpg

Here is the same setup as seen from the rear.
IMG00141-20110311-1814marked2.jpg

Last edited:

haskett

Established Member
If someone with the BilletFlow idler setup could spend 5-10 minutes looking at how this bottom bolts attaches to the timing cover, I would REALLY appreciate it!

All I need is this one bolt and fluids, and the car starts tomorrow after 12 months of downtime.

haskett

Established Member
Ok, so sleep helped. It was obvious when I looked at it this morning. The stud does NOT belong in that hole with the BF idler. With the stud removed, the long bolt goes through the BF bracket, through the long spacer, through the lower engine W bracket, and threads into the timing cover. Duh.

Users who are viewing this thread