• BilletFlow

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Accufab

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black10thSVT

Established Member
I have been doing some searching and have yet to decide which one I want to use. So maybe you guys can help.

Im going to start ordering mods for my up coming 2.9 whipple upgrade. I know I will be using 80's. Not sure on return or non return yet. So i figure Id go ahead with the throttle body and 80's to start.

Can you guys tell me why you went with the Billetflow or Accufab. Also how is the performance of it (like's and dislike's).

Any constructive input would be great and welcome.

va boy

Established Member
I too have an accufab, overkill for a stock Eaton I realize, but I have plans for the future. There is another thread floating around where a lot of folks did not care for the Accufab. However, from my personal experience, it took 30 minutes to install and has been zero problems form day one. hope this helps.

tmkr03

Established Member
Had a billetflow 3 years ago on my ported eaton. it stuck open when under normal driving conditions, sold it when I went whipple and went back to stock.

Savn4Mods

You serious Clark?
Established Member
FWIW.... I chose the BilletFlow simply because I read 04Sleeper talking about how the throttle linkage cam profile was identical to the stock TB and I have a friend with an Accufab that has had some idle issues.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
FWIW.... I chose the BilletFlow simply because I read 04Sleeper talking about how the throttle linkage cam profile was identical to the stock TB and I have a friend with an Accufab that has had some idle issues.
Correct.

The cam on the Accufab is not correct. It is from a 2000 Cobra R and does not match the profile that the stock TB follows. This is why Accufab's have issues with cruise control and the "delay" before it engauges.

If you set both the Accufab and Billetflow side by side you will see the Billetflow simply is much better quality.

As long as you set the throttle body stop screw and TP sensor correctly, you will have ZERO issues with it and the cruise control will work just like stock.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Correct.

The cam on the Accufab is not correct. It is from a 2000 Cobra R and does not match the profile that the stock TB follows. This is why Accufab's have issues with cruise control and the "delay" before it engauges.

If you set both the Accufab and Billetflow side by side you will see the Billetflow simply is much better quality.

As long as you set the throttle body stop screw and TP sensor correctly, you will have ZERO issues with it and the cruise control will work just like stock.

Never had to set anything on my Accufab, worked fine right out of the box. My Billetflow had to be sent back. :bored:

Spoolx

Established Member
Like everything you will find good and bads on both sides. my accufab works perfectly and cruise control works perfectly

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Never had to set anything on my Accufab, worked fine right out of the box. My Billetflow had to be sent back. :bored:
Then you must not have followed the correct install procedures. I have installed several and never had an issue.

Like everything you will find good and bads on both sides. my accufab works perfectly and cruise control works perfectly
No, it's not simply "good and bad". When there is a known design flaw, there is no getting around it. Doesn't work that way.

I have been able to make Accufab's "Work", but it doesn't make the flaw of the cam profile any different.

tmkr03

Established Member
If your concerned about cruise control you bought the wrong car.

I want Functionality. And I did not get that with billetflow. That was why I did not keep in if I ever wanted to go single blade again. It can not be that the majority have problems installing them and only one guy can get it right. sorry don't buy it

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
If your concerned about cruise control you bought the wrong car.

I want Functionality. And I did not get that with billetflow. That was why I did not keep in if I ever wanted to go single blade again. It can not be that the majority have problems installing them and only one guy can get it right. sorry don't buy it
I can easily see improper installation being an issue. The instructions that come with the throttle body, were not very good. I called and spoke to Doug who sent me revised instructions and they worked perfect. Over and over again.

And yes, I expect nothing but the best and will NOT sacrifice driveability because I gave up and did not install something properly. I am very detailed oriented with every aspect of building a car. Nothing just "Gets By" if I have a say in the matter. Saying "If your concerned about cruise control you bought the wrong car." just shows that you are willing to settle for something rather than make it right.

tmkr03

Established Member
I can easily see improper installation being an issue. The instructions that come with the throttle body, were not very good. I called and spoke to Doug who sent me revised instructions and they worked perfect. Over and over again.

And yes, I expect nothing but the best and will NOT sacrifice driveability because I gave up and did not install something properly. I am very detailed oriented with every aspect of building a car. Nothing just "Gets By" if I have a say in the matter. Saying "If your concerned about cruise control you bought the wrong car." just shows that you are willing to settle for something rather than make it right.

I am saying I don't need cruise control it is a creature feature. If it was never there I would not care.

Detailed I am and with what I do for a living there is no such thing as good enough. It is good or it is not. I can't be off by .001 of an inch. So don't try and preach details.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Then you must not have followed the correct install procedures. I have installed several and never had an issue.

Nope. The Billetflow had to be 'fixed' before it would work right. Didn't bother putting it back on after that bs.

Savn4Mods

You serious Clark?
Established Member
I guess if I have issues with the Billetflow TB, I'll know who to call to get setup tips. :beer:

I hope it works for me. I had forgotten about the potential cruise control issues with the Accufab. I just remember doing the research a while back and making up my mind on the Billetflow. I want my cruise to work correctly, so I didn't want to chance it.

Last edited:

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I'm about to purchase the Billetflow personally but have no experience with either throttle body yet.

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
When i bought my Accufab, i was gonna get a Billetflow originally for its looks, and the guys at Lethal recommended me to stay away from Billetflow, and go with Accufab. I had Accufab on my previous cobra, and they work GREAT!!!

03COBRA-88

Established Member
I can easily see improper installation being an issue. The instructions that come with the throttle body, were not very good. I called and spoke to Doug who sent me revised instructions and they worked perfect. Over and over again. And yes, I expect nothing but the best and will NOT sacrifice driveability because I gave up and did not install something properly. I am very detailed oriented with every aspect of building a car. Nothing just "Gets By" if I have a say in the matter. Saying "If your concerned about cruise control you bought the wrong car." just shows that you are willing to settle for something rather than make it right.

Do you still have those revised instructions? Been thinking of going with billetflow and would like to install it right the first time. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread