BilletFlow TB Installed have a question

Jevans74

Established Member
Now that I have installed the new billetflow TB & adapter my car has a strange hiss sound on that side of the engine. Almost sounds like an air leak inside the car. Is this the air hitting the inside of the new plenum or did I knock something loosing installing the damn thing?

Now the good stuff. The car now pegs at 14 psi of boost. Before I only saw 12.5 psi. You know that rough idle we all get when the A/C is turned off? Well that is now gone. Idles just as smooth with the A/C off as it does when it's on. I can definitely feel the power increase definite SOTP improvement. When I get it dyno'd I'll let everyone know what my numbers are. Just wondering what the hissing noise is.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by Jevans74
Now that I have installed the new billetflow TB & adapter my car has a strange hiss sound on that side of the engine. Almost sounds like an air leak inside the car. Is this the air hitting the inside of the new plenum or did I knock something loosing installing the damn thing?

Now the good stuff. The car now pegs at 14 psi of boost. Before I only saw 12.5 psi. You know that rough idle we all get when the A/C is turned off? Well that is now gone. Idles just as smooth with the A/C off as it does when it's on. I can definitely feel the power increase definite SOTP improvement. When I get it dyno'd I'll let everyone know what my numbers are. Just wondering what the hissing noise is.

Recheck all the vacuum lines, even behind, under etc.

dougwg

Established Member
Re: Re: BilletFlow TB Installed have a question

Originally posted by T3 Cobra
Recheck all the vacuum lines, even behind, under etc.

This is a first....like T3 Cobra said...recheck ALL vacuum lines

:shrug:

Doug
BilletFlow

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Check the electric wiring that goes to the TPS & IAC. It runs beneath the manifold. If you don't hold it out of the way when you install the manifold to the blower housing, it can get caught between the manifold and valve cover and hold the manifold up and the lower part of the manifold away from the blower. It may hold it up enough where the bolt won't tighten up all the way.
Another thing to check is that the lower left manifold bolt is tightened sufficiently, it is rough to get at and may seem tight when it isn't.
Another thing is old gasket material on the blower housing. Was it all removed?
Dana

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread