Bilstein Shocks / Struts?

MineralGSVT

Established Member
How do you R owners like the Bilsteins?

I am lowering my '01 Vert and noticed that PPI has a pretty good deal on the shocks / struts..

I drive this car alot and maybe will do an On-Track event, but I don't want a teeth rattler either.

BTW.. I just got a set of Saleen S281 Cobra springs that I am putting on.

Any good or bad comments?

Thanks!

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by MineralGSVT
How do you R owners like the Bilsteins?

I am lowering my '01 Vert and noticed that PPI has a pretty good deal on the shocks / struts..

I drive this car alot and maybe will do an On-Track event, but I don't want a teeth rattler either.

BTW.. I just got a set of Saleen S281 Cobra springs that I am putting on.

Any good or bad comments?

Thanks!

I put Bilstiens on my 01 Cobra along with H&R springs and am very happy with the results. Add subframe connectors(if you havn't already) and you will be real happy.

I did not install the R Bilstiens, Jack at Maximum Motorsports advised against it due to the weight differences between the two cars.

Brian

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Which Bilsteins?

Originally posted by MineralGSVT
Which Bilsteins did you go with? And where from?

Thanks,

I don't remember. Like I said above, I talked to Jack and went with what he recommended for the combination street and open tracking. Give Maximum Motorsports a call and talk to them, they are great to deal with.

If you can't get anywhere, email me and I can give you my info and maybe they would be able to pull up what I got on thier computer.

Brian

dmark101

dmark101
Established Member
the R bilsteins will be the standard replacement strut/shock offered from them.

i was checking their website before i bought mine and find out from another source. the standard HD's they have are pretty much the same as the R's.

and i like mine. :)

Users who are viewing this thread