bilstein?

ARdoller

Established Member
its kind of late now, as ive already ordered a complete set of shocks and struts, but it would definitely make me feel a little better about my purchase if someone can answer this for me.

all the sets of Bilstein shocks and struts have exceptional ride quality with lowering springs, right?

i mean with my stock shocks and struts, i can tell theyre destroyed, the car is tossed around over the tiniest bumps, and the slightest little dips and bumps make the whole car slam, like i just jumped a curb.

im assuming that with the Bilstein kit, that'll make all that nonsense go away right?

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
My old '04 Cobra was lowered quite a bit and rode just fine with the factory Bilsteins. I don't think you have much to worry about. What springs you got?

qwikhuh

Established Member
What Bilsteins did you get? Most Bilsteins are valved for a specific rangs of spring rate so they work well with lowered cars but not with all springs.

ARdoller

Established Member
i have H&R super sport springs. these are the shocks/struts i got:

BILSTEIN SHOCKS STRUTS FORD MUSTANG 94 - 04

PART # V36-4138-H3FRONTS

PART # BE5-6418-H0REARS

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
i have H&R super sport springs. these are the shocks/struts i got:

BILSTEIN SHOCKS STRUTS FORD MUSTANG 94 - 04

PART # V36-4138-H3FRONTS

PART # BE5-6418-H0REARS

On a street car, those are just what the doctor ordered man. I have run Bilsteins on all my cars. I had those exact ones on my old V6 with progressive rate BBK springs and now I have another set on my daily driver GT with specific rate BBK springs. They work flawlessly in both applications. I also run MM sport valved Bilsteins on my Cobra with MM coil overs, front and rear.

Last edited:

Eddie Z

Established Member
I've got Bilsteins HD with H&R SS springs, I LOVE the way it handles and rides!!! Best combo money can buy in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread