bimmer tech

miss03ow

Established Member
whats up guys I am a bmw tech who misses the heck outta my 03 ow term. I have been lurking on here the last couple of years watchin all of you enjoy your cars I am looking to get back in very soon. But I figured I would offer help with your daily driven BMW's if I can help with wiring diagrams or info pm me :beer:

miss03ow

Established Member
rather not say dealer name b/c of bs they just let go 2 guys and one is about to quit so i am pullin 90-100 every 2 weeks now but no csi bonus and raises are put on hold due to audit and other bs thinking of relocating but kinda up in the air thank god for sidework how bout yourself?

sixt5

Established Member
my bro just got hit first car a few months ago. 95 525i. all i can say is awesome car! 200 thousand miles and drives like its new!

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
I hear a man, due to some changes I went from average of 75 a week down to 45, huge hit for me. They just let 3 top guys go and just about everyone in the shop is looking. I haven't had a CSI bonus in months. haven't had an objective hrs bonus in months either. Putting in my 2 weeks tomorrow. They told us no more side work allowed in the shop, even after hours. So i just bought a GT1 and diag head for my own shop. lol

Not to mention what BMW has been doing, they are planning more cuts on KSD next month!

miss03ow

Established Member
my bro just got hit first car a few months ago. 95 525i. all i can say is awesome car! 200 thousand miles and drives like its new!

Yea man these cars will run forever if maintained properly my team leader just sold a 525 he bought for 500 a few years ago, it had 325000 miles on it when he sold it and still got 2500 for it:beer:

miss03ow

Established Member
I hear a man, due to some changes I went from average of 75 a week down to 45, huge hit for me. They just let 3 top guys go and just about everyone in the shop is looking. I haven't had a CSI bonus in months. haven't had an objective hrs bonus in months either. Putting in my 2 weeks tomorrow. They told us no more side work allowed in the shop, even after hours. So i just bought a GT1 and diag head for my own shop. lol

Not to mention what BMW has been doing, they are planning more cuts on KSD next month!

yep same here I heard that north and south carolina are paying good right now, one of our level 1's is really great tech and has his own shop with an engine dyno and a gt1 with opps head. he is putting his notice in this monday as well, I may not be far behind. we have no bonuses period holidays are not paid no 401k match and we are at 120 per hour billed so our customer pay is slowly going to "Bill's Garage" oh well thats' why there is beer

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
I hear the no holidays, no 401k, and the cash work is almost non existent....I used to work at Rick Hendrick BMW in Charleston, SC not sure what you are making now, but I can tell you this.....the hours I billed there were nothing compared to what I did before or present at my place now, and they don't pay for shit. However the area is gorgeous and loved every minute of that.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Nice man, what dealer you work at? And hows the business down there? I am a BMW tech as well. For now that is.

You work at Tischer? I was just down in that area for the 4th, and it is really nice. The whole town of Frederick is really beautiful.

Anyway, for you techs out there, you probably know, but if you're high-up, your days seem to be numbered. My boss used to be shop foreman at a dealer up here, and they let him and a bunch of the other top guys go. With these expensive dealerships to maintain, BMW just wants fresh guys that they pay 14/hour or less, even if they aren't very good. Everything that I just read from you techs sounds exactly like what I've heard from techs up here. Get a GT1 and open up your own shop.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread