Bitcoin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Its a pain in the ass and Im still not able to use USD to buy. I had a couple hundred in Bitcoin that I bought a few weeks back. I sent that to my BTC wallet in Gatehub and exchanged it for XRP.

I plan on buying more. Easiest way was for me to transfer money from my bank account to GDAX (Coinbase), once its in there, Ill buy ETH (Ether) and send that over to my ETH wallet on Gatehub to transfer to XRP.

Its pain to have to do all these steps but I dont mind parking some money in XRP for a while with the hope that it appreciates.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Its a pain in the ass and Im still not able to use USD to buy. I had a couple hundred in Bitcoin that I bought a few weeks back. I sent that to my BTC wallet in Gatehub and exchanged it for XRP.

I plan on buying more. Easiest way was for me to transfer money from my bank account to GDAX (Coinbase), once its in there, Ill buy ETH (Ether) and send that over to my ETH wallet on Gatehub to transfer to XRP.

Its pain to have to do all these steps but I dont mind parking some money in XRP for a while with the hope that it appreciates.

I have just kept it simple and haven't moved mine around much. I only bought ETH and LTC on Coinbase so they are just sitting because they are just steadily gaining and gaining for me. The cheapest I bought ETH was like 2 weeks ago for $480 and now it is almost over $800. Got LTC at $180 and it has already doubled. I could probably maximize somewhere but I'm just too new at this lol.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
I have just kept it simple and haven't moved mine around much. I only bought ETH and LTC on Coinbase so they are just sitting because they are just steadily gaining and gaining for me. The cheapest I bought ETH was like 2 weeks ago for $480 and now it is almost over $800. Got LTC at $180 and it has already doubled. I could probably maximize somewhere but I'm just too new at this lol.

Same here. Should have bought some BTC when I found out about it back in 2014 lol. I was trying to save more money, not buying frivolous things, and the whole crypto thing seemed so difficult to figure out. Live and learn...

Equalbracket

Established Member
Took like two weeks to verify my checking with coinbase, they did 3 withdrawals then asked for only two amounts , then later two deposits, none of which ever matched their records, was a pain. Then when I cashed out it took about 10 or so days. I'm Assuming you have to pay short term capital gains, one thing to be mindful of.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Got to be too late to buy now for any real profit unless you dump a lot in.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Honestly, almost all these cryptos are moving higher, it won't work like that forever. Very interesting and will be a great learning experience for those with to much risk.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

I don't think we'll see a big jump anytime soon like there was last week. I do believe the overall trend is upward though and considering that more mainstream outlets are adopting and accepting cryptocurrency, I think there is still money to be made in medium to long timeframe.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
I don't think we'll see a big jump anytime soon like there was last week. I do believe the overall trend is upward though and considering that more mainstream outlets are adopting and accepting cryptocurrency, I think there is still money to be made in medium to long timeframe.

The other day 500000 bit coins sold to the tune of 8.5 billion. The futures only had 60 million in value. The wall st types will sting BC bad in due time.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

assasyn

Established Member
But potential market cap is much much higher than that. If every possible coin was mined today, market cap would be like 3 trillion.

blk02edge

Established Member
But potential market cap is much much higher than that. If every possible coin was mined today, market cap would be like 3 trillion.
If every coin was mined would prices not be much much lower though?

Established Member
So maybe my math is wrong. 17 million bit coins at 20K each is like
340 billion, right? So that should be the total rounded current market cap of bitcoin. So on that 8.5 billion day they traded under 3 percent of the total float? I think the bigger consideration is how much total that can be floated to the market before saturation. What is the biggest IPO? That might give us a number to work from. Then double it for the late suckers getting in, and we are at saturation.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
So maybe my math is wrong. 17 million bit coins at 20K each is like
340 billion, right? So that should be the total rounded current market cap of bitcoin. So on that 8.5 billion day they traded under 3 percent of the total float? I think the bigger consideration is how much total that can be floated to the market before saturation. What is the biggest IPO? That might give us a number to work from. Then double it for the late suckers getting in, and we are at saturation.

Bit coins don't produce anything. No income, products, or value.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Established Member
Bitcoins produce an alternative means of payment that is not government regulated or controlled. The more you don't trust your government, the more attractive things like bitcoin are. I am not a fan of bitcoin, but as a trader I'd be a fool not to try to figure out what makes it tic, and more importantly, when to short it. I already have the means to short it, but the patience not to.

MG0h3

Established Member
Didn't suspend bitcoin; just a company that services the market.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread