Bitcoin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

11sec Guy

Established Member
can someone purchase a unicorn with bitcoins?

What about a lambo ?
90f98d279ed924d685216fdb92ee515a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullitt2735

Established Member
bitcoin is not in a bubble, not yet at least, still has a long way to go before its bubble territory. I personally I think it will go to 10k before end of year and 25k by 2019/20. No one knows if bitcoin will survive in the long run but blockchain technology is definitely here to stay and is already revolutionizing markets all over the world not just currencies.

MG0h3

Established Member
It just seems awful volatile. So let's say the guy above uses his 200k of bitcoins that he paid 7k for to buy a Lamborghini. He buys it and the bitcoin crashes over night and Lamborghini just sold a car for pennies on the dollar. We have systems and triggers to manage the value of the dollar; don't see that with bitcoin unless I'm just not aware.

Not biased here either; I play stocks and I know the dollar can be manipulated. Wish I had gotten in early on this but I would def sell at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

olympic

Established Member
It just seems awful volatile. So let's say the guy above uses his 200k of bitcoins that he paid 7k for to buy a Lamborghini. He buys it and the bitcoin crashes over night and Lamborghini just sold a car for pennies on the dollar. We have systems and triggers to manage the value of the dollar; don't see that with bitcoin unless I'm just not aware.

Not biased here either; I play stocks and I know the dollar can be manipulated. Wish I had gotten in early on this but I would def sell at this point.

The Lambo dealership would convert the Bitcoin to USD ASAP.

The problem I see with Bitcoin is that it is being treated as an investment, not a payment platform as it was intended.

11sec Guy

Established Member

Or goes the other way around like this guy

MG0h3

Established Member
^ seems that way. But what securitizes it? You buy stock in a company and that securitizes the stock. Yes, the market is manipulated by buying and selling, news, company performance, etc. and the stock will gain or lose value.

Guess I'm just a conservative and skeptic investor so I question when this will come back down to reality.

MG0h3

Established Member
Is he really losing $3700 a day? So he made a purchase with the bitcoin, now the value went up, so he owes bitcoin or the bank money? Should have sold the bitcoin and paid cash for the car.

11sec Guy

Established Member
Is he really losing $3700 a day? So he made a purchase with the bitcoin, now the value went up, so he owes bitcoin or the bank money? Should have sold the bitcoin and paid cash for the car.

Lol.. he sold his bitcoin for cash, bought the lambo and since then the value of bitcoin has risen from 5k to 8k. So he is saying that he’s losing out on profits if he would just held the bitcoin instead of selling it and buying the car. His 5 coins at 5k were 100k and now those 5 coins are 160k

Established Member
The worlds bankers desperately want everyone on digital currency, for a myriad of reasons. The US is not adapting as quickly as the power brokers at Davos would like. Let bitcoin run until it threatens a real currency, and get everyone convinced about how wonderful digital money is at the same time. Seems like a win win for them and a lose lose for the common man. BTW, if you think you get to keep those bitcoin profits tax free, you got a big surprise coming.

Established Member
I could care less about the pissed off horse and the gay Rambo cat, but what is the call on that pistol? That's what caught my eye

nxhappy

Established Member
very very risky. If you are ahead right, bail out. If you want to invest, go with companies that pay a guaranteed dividend ...

MG0h3

Established Member
The worlds bankers desperately want everyone on digital currency, for a myriad of reasons. The US is not adapting as quickly as the power brokers at Davos would like. Let bitcoin run until it threatens a real currency, and get everyone convinced about how wonderful digital money is at the same time. Seems like a win win for them and a lose lose for the common man. BTW, if you think you get to keep those bitcoin profits tax free, you got a big surprise coming.

As long as they guarantee my money when it gets stolen over the internet like it just did the other day. But I guess since its digital they just snap their fingers and its back?

snakedoctor

Established Member
My question is how do you buy bitcoins? do you just purchase them through an online broker or do you have to "mine" them and if so how do you do that?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
The fact that the Chinese Government can influence the price of Bitcoins so easily makes it highly volatile and a very very risky investment. The only threat Bitcoins have currently to governments is that seigniorage revenues can fall if more people embrace cryptocurrencies, thus having a potential effect on the government's budget. But that is highly unlikely to ever happen.

MG0h3

Established Member
Guys this will never work. The senora selling tamales out of her 83 honda in front of walmart said she would take bitcoin but didn't have the $8150 in change.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
My question is how do you buy bitcoins? do you just purchase them through an online broker or do you have to "mine" them and if so how do you do that?
Download Coinbase.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Guys this will never work. The senora selling tamales out of her 83 honda in front of walmart said she would take bitcoin but didn't have the $8150 in change.

Except you can buy fractions.

Right now I just checked, $5.00 = 0.0004866 BTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread