Bitcoin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Now that you have a coinbase account, switch from coinbase to GDAX for _significantly_ lower fees (about a tenth of what coinbase charges or even free if you use 'post only' limit trades) and more sophisticated control of your trades. They're the same company, so you'll be able to use your coinbase login at GDAX and transfer your funds instantly for free between the two.

Coinbase and GDAX are limited to a handful of blue chip coins (BTC,ETH,LTC at this time). As for Bittrex -- it's an exchange used mostly for trading alternative coins and it doesn't support fiat as a means of funding your account, so if you want to buy alt coins, you'll want to buy BTC (or ETH) on GDAX, then withdraw that to your Bittrex account to fund it and start trading currency pairs.

Enjoy the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a little confusing but Im sort of following you. So GDAX I can't buy with my bank account or whatever but if I have an account of alt coins then I can purchase from there using them?

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

11sec Guy

Established Member
That's a little confusing but Im sort of following you. So GDAX I can't buy with my bank account or whatever but if I have an account of alt coins then I can purchase from there using them?

Use GDAX to buy and sell with limit orders. Send USD to coinbase USD wallet, then transfer funds to GDAX and proceed to buy and sell with lower fees and the ability to use market, limit and stop functions. Then you can send BTC to a exchange like bittrex to trade, buy or sell all the other alt coins.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Use GDAX to buy and sell with limit orders. Send USD to coinbase USD wallet, then transfer funds to GDAX and proceed to buy and sell with lower fees and the ability to use market, limit and stop functions. Then you can send BTC to a exchange like bittrex to trade, buy or sell all the other alt coins.

Okay. That's how I understood it except the Bittrex part so I appreciate the clarification. Im still doing my research and am thinking I may wait to see if Bitcoin takes a big hit before I really buy some of the others. Do all three tend to follow the same trends? Seems like they do.

Also, out of Ethereum and Litecoin, which one does everyone think has the most potential as time goes on? Im drawn more towards ETH.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Things are falling pretty good. Let them keep falling or what?

Edit: Well bad for Bitcoin but not so bad for the others I presume. Seems normal for the other two.

Last edited:

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I was told to sell this morning, due to bitcoin futures coming out tomorrow...anyone know much about that?

96dreamer

Established Member
Anyone continuing to watch Litecoin? The increase is absolutely insane and it just keeps climbing. I created a coinbase account to try and hop on the train when it was around 120 yesterday but my funds are still pending and its 350+ now.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone continuing to watch Litecoin? The increase is absolutely insane and it just keeps climbing. I created a coinbase account to try and hop on the train when it was around 120 yesterday but my funds are still pending and its 350+ now.
coinbase just told me buying litecoin was temporarily disabled lol...dunno if thats good or bad.

i think the price you bought it at should be locked in when you click on the individual transactions too...i could be wrong though, but i read it takes a while for funds to be transferred...mine are doing the same

Never_Enough

Established Member
coinbase just told me buying litecoin was temporarily disabled lol...dunno if thats good or bad.

i think the price you bought it at should be locked in when you click on the individual transactions too...i could be wrong though, but i read it takes a while for funds to be transferred...mine are doing the same
I'll take that as a sign that I should definitely stick with my original thought & not dive in

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I'll take that as a sign that I should definitely stick with my original thought & not dive in
i received an email from them stating to bear with them and how slow they are and how delayed things will get due to the crazy increase in business lately

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I think Ethereum is going to be the one to have in the long run. There is a lot of Litecoin and it was the cheapest after Bitcoin took off so everyone is scrambling for LTC. Who knows what the limits are with these things but I suspect the craze will die off for LTC once it reaches near ETH prices and it will steady.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Alright.

I got into it.

Just a small amount to **** around with ETH and LTC though. I think BTC has run it's course for ridiculous increases.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
I had 15 coins when I bought at $90. I believe these 3 main Crypos will be around for a long minute. As long as other countries keep buying and using it that’s for sure.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I'm still trying to understand why anyone would want to invest, or accept a "virtual" currency. There is nothing to back this digital currency, and it can be lost, stolen, or deleted without any form of security such as the FDIC. A simple computer virus can wipe out a bitcoin account. You can have a drive crash and take down your bitcoin investment from my understanding.

I may be completely wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Never_Enough

Established Member
I just put a whole $200 in MGTI. Don't have to make a coinbase account blah blah

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
I think Ethereum is going to be the one to have in the long run. There is a lot of Litecoin and it was the cheapest after Bitcoin took off so everyone is scrambling for LTC. Who knows what the limits are with these things but I suspect the craze will die off for LTC once it reaches near ETH prices and it will steady.

Was talking to a daytrader and he said the same. Expect ETH to reach 800 or 1k long term. Seems like it’s gettin there already...

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hopefully I didn't miss the boat but I bought a few hundred in LTC earlier today and it promptly lost 5% of it's value in the first hour I had it.

ETH sales are currently disabled as well.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Im trying to figure out if I should really put myself in debt for this. It is such a big risk but all of the signs say that it will pay off. Shit, this decision sucks and the clock is literally ticking lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread