BITCOIN

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah the contracts are monthlies, I first rolled up to June, but instead of rolling into July's, I went all the way to september.

Just to cut down on the rollover fees
Oh, i thought you had purchased 5 BTC…may have you confused with someone else lol

q6543

Established Member
Screenshot_20210725-211338_thinkorswim.jpg
testing the most important trendline in crypto as we speak.

nxhappy

Established Member
Nation states will never allow crypto to supplant existing fiat, they literally can't afford to let that happen. So when the nation states have their own crypto tied to fiat, there is literally no reason as a buyer or seller, to use anything else. You would be nuts to accept the risk of using anything else for currency transactions.

There are other uses for crypto, but at the rate of crypto's are being created, they will never be viewed as an appreciating asset, they will be viewed as a depreciating asset like software.
never say never.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
never say never.

China just gutted multiple multi billion dollar market cap companies with no ****s to give. India is going after crypto. EU is going after crypto. Crypto will be used because it is useful, but hard to see it keeping an investment purpose.

But, as long as people think it IS an investment vehicle, money can be made. I hope the people who buy it do well.

nxhappy

Established Member
China just gutted multiple multi billion dollar market cap companies with no ****s to give. India is going after crypto. EU is going after crypto. Crypto will be used because it is useful, but hard to see it keeping an investment purpose.

But, as long as people think it IS an investment vehicle, money can be made. I hope the people who buy it do well.
First off, china is a communist country. Europe is half communist. The USD is being printed like jelly beans and inflation is going to be real bad. My point is: holding cash right now is futile, day by day it will be worth less and less. The entire world will be that way. The future WILL be a different currency.

You realize we already have crypto ATMs? And is accepted by paypal, one of the biggest banks in the world? If you don't see it as an investment, your thinking like an old timer. Bitcoin should be 500k within 10 years. that's enough to easily make you a millionaire. Current rate is 200% yearly. and 800% last year. Might as well toss in a few thousand. I'm not saying go all in.

quad

Established Member
Nation states will never allow crypto to supplant existing fiat, they literally can't afford to let that happen. So when the nation states have their own crypto tied to fiat, there is literally no reason as a buyer or seller, to use anything else. You would be nuts to accept the risk of using anything else for currency transactions.

There are other uses for crypto, but at the rate of crypto's are being created, they will never be viewed as an appreciating asset, they will be viewed as a depreciating asset like software.
If the nation state cryptos will devalue like the fiat currencies then what's the point of having it? Will there be good interest rates to promote saving? If the governments just plan to create a digital copy of the fiat economy it won't fix anything.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If the nation state cryptos will devalue like the fiat currencies then what's the point of having it? Will there be good interest rates to promote saving? If the governments just plan to create a digital copy of the fiat economy it won't fix anything.

When people buy or sell they want the currency to be STABLE. If someone pays you in crypto and the next day it drops 10%, how happy would you be? That is why stablecoins are exploding, their value is pegged to the dollar or other fiat. But even that crypto is only worth the peg if people say it is. After the nation states develop there own crypto tied to their fiat, why would anyone accept anything else? The difference between a coin backed by a nation state versus Bob's stable coin backed by nothing?

I understand the attraction of being able to conduct transactions without the Feds knowing about or being able to tax it, but that window is closing fast.

quad

Established Member
When people buy or sell they want the currency to be STABLE. If someone pays you in crypto and the next day it drops 10%, how happy would you be? That is why stablecoins are exploding, their value is pegged to the dollar or other fiat. But even that crypto is only worth the peg if people say it is. After the nation states develop there own crypto tied to their fiat, why would anyone accept anything else? The difference between a coin backed by a nation state versus Bob's stable coin backed by nothing?

I understand the attraction of being able to conduct transactions without the Feds knowing about or being able to tax it, but that window is closing fast.
I've seen APY offers of up to 17% for stable coins. What interest rates will "nation states" offer with their digital currencies?

Globalists have also declared war on the concept of "Nations". That's why you see mass flooding of third world people into the West. They want to destroy Nationalism. That's why the USA anthem is bad. That's why statues have to go. The USA flag will be next on the list. They are trying to abdicate the white man and his history.

Have you seen the latest debt clock numbers? The total unfunded liability is now over $154 trillion. They are never paying it off and it is backed by nothing. They can't tax their way out of it either. The Federal Reserve is not Federal. It's a bunch of private bankers deciding how much money they are going to print and what the interest rates will be. And which of their buddies will get a big portion of it.

I'd rather have an independent crypto than whatever these copycat corrupt bankers come up with.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

quad

Established Member

Forgot to add. I think one reason stable coins are exploding is because of the yields you can make via interest.

quad

Established Member
17% sounds good to me.

Can you direct me to any of these or the info on it?

For crypto I have RG and Coinbase.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Celcius claims up to 17% yield - but after looking closer it appears they offer 8.88% for stablecoins. So I misspoke.

There's also Blockfi, Guarda and a few others. I am staking Ethereum on Coinbase @ 6% APY. Looks like you can get higher rewards staking Cardano and Polkadot at the moment.

What is the Celcius Network (CEL)?
Celsius | Earn Bitcoin - Earn crypto with crypto lending
Staking Assets & Rewards | Crypto Staking Calculator | Guarda
Digital Asset Ranking, Yields and Dividends | Staking Rewards

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Celcius claims up to 17% yield - but after looking closer it appears they offer 8.88% for stablecoins. So I misspoke.

There's also Blockfi, Guarda and a few others. I am staking Ethereum on Coinbase @ 6% APY. Looks like you can get higher rewards staking Cardano and Polkadot at the moment.

What is the Celcius Network (CEL)?
Celsius | Earn Bitcoin - Earn crypto with crypto lending
Staking Assets & Rewards | Crypto Staking Calculator | Guarda
Digital Asset Ranking, Yields and Dividends | Staking Rewards
so letting my stuff sit in RH and webull i'm just losing interest it appears?

would i be better off selling all i have in those apps, to put in coinbase and transfer to these ways to earn since i'm simply holding?

quad

Established Member
so letting my stuff sit in RH and webull i'm just losing interest it appears?

would i be better off selling all i have in those apps, to put in coinbase and transfer to these ways to earn since i'm simply holding?
Yes you are better off transferring to a service that offers staking or interest. That's if you plan on holding longterm for a few years. But it depends on what you're holding. Not all cryptos can be staked or earn interest.

I'm in the same boat with some cryptos. I have ETH and Cardano on Binance and Coinbase not earning any interest. I staked the maximum ETH allowed on Coinbase but there's ETH left not earning any interest. I've been planning to move it somewhere so it can earn interest but don't have the time at the moment. Staking Cardano seems like a pain since you have to deposit it into a special wallet. I really like the Coinbase Ethereum staking process. Just wish they allowed more staking and also included Cardano.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes you are better off transferring to a service that offers staking or interest. That's if you plan on holding longterm for a few years. But it depends on what you're holding. Not all cryptos can be staked or earn interest.

I'm in the same boat with some cryptos. I have ETH and Cardano on Binance and Coinbase not earning any interest. I staked the maximum ETH allowed on Coinbase but there's ETH left not earning any interest. I've been planning to move it somewhere so it can earn interest but don't have the time at the moment. Staking Cardano seems like a pain since you have to deposit it into a special wallet. I really like the Coinbase Ethereum staking process. Just wish they allowed more staking and also included Cardano.
i was told to look into yoroi for cardano.

so you are staking ETH through coinbase? that is what i'm confused about...i want to not have 7 more apps for all my random crypto lol. may not have a choice though, found a few of mine on each link you provided...would be nice to have one location and be done ya know

quad

Established Member
i was told to look into yoroi for cardano.

so you are staking ETH through coinbase? that is what i'm confused about...i want to not have 7 more apps for all my random crypto lol. may not have a choice though, found a few of mine on each link you provided...would be nice to have one location and be done ya know
Yes I am staking 40 ETH on Coinbase. There is a rewards counter like a stopwatch that shows your increases in realtime. Very encouraging I love that feature lol! I have not logged on in a while. But I need to stake more. I don't plan on cashing out anytime soon. But before the end of the year I plan to cash out about $50,000 for tax purposes. Then I plan to deduct all my mining expenses (hardware, electrical costs etc.) which equals to about 50k and hopefully end up paying no crypto tax.

Users who are viewing this thread