98SVTContour98

Established Member
very interesting to watch the progression take place

GEIMb6cXMAAa0tM

GEPjosbXwAEY610

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I got spooked out of my last bit of BTC today as all indicators were heading down...then it reversed lol. Not enough to matter much, yet...but man that'll piss ya off.

I'm gonna start looking into the ETFs. Anyone have a favorite so far? I like to chart on TOS and will get much better fills this way. I hate the fees on crypto

q6543

Established Member
I would stick to IBIT or FBTC.
These breakdown charts are just fascinating to see.

So the entire space added 4.5% of its total bitcoin holdings while price came down15%

From here looking forward we want to see any change in acceleration/deceleration
Need to be at 680K plus bitcoin held by the end of next week … if we see 660s then we can see just how quickly the accumulation is slowing.

Where are you going to get these charts from?

98SVTContour98

Established Member
So the entire space added 4.5% of its total bitcoin holdings while price came down15%

I'm assuming it means a few things:

1 - ETFs are not driving the market
2 - Other large whales are selling simultaneously

I wonder if CZ/Binance is also selling.

Are ETFs buying off the market bitcoin straight from miners or some other source?

Last edited:

q6543

Established Member
Are ETFs buying off the market bitcoin straight from miners or some other source?
Even dirtier… the companies that own the ETFs also own significant stakes in miners.

So most I would guess is coming from the miners…. But wait… there’s more!!

They force the miners to do offerings and sell stock to keep the operation running.

So people, buying the dilution from RIOT, MARA and others are offsetting the cost of the BTC being transferred up chain to parent ETF companies.

They’re basically getting free bitcoin by having the public subsidize it.

It’s all free gravy for them… up/down or sideways.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I would stick to IBIT or FBTC.
These breakdown charts are just fascinating to see.

From here looking forward we want to see any change in acceleration/deceleration
Need to be at 680K plus bitcoin held by the end of next week … if we see 660s then we can see just how quickly the accumulation is slowing.

Where are you going to get these charts from?
i use a pretty specific set of MA(9, 18) and MACD(wilders, 9,26) and thinkorswim didn’t have BTC or ETH even listed available to chart.

i will sometimes buy out of Robinhood or Webull because when i don’t trade that balance is earning 5% for the time being. but the charting for me really needs to be done on TOS or it’s just off. i tried KuCoin and it was close-ish.

those things look like all the IPOs in the last year or so lol. thanks for the heads up on the tickers, added to watchlist

98SVTContour98

Established Member

People find value in #Bitcoin because it is the highest form of property a person can own.

Bitcoin…
1. Can’t be debased because nobody can create more of them.
2. Can’t be confiscated from the owner when properly stored.
3. Has no property tax.
4. Is digital so it has no maintenance costs.
5. Has a very low cost to store securely.
6. Can be taken anywhere because it’s digital; not tied to any one jurisdiction.
7. Is cheap and easy to exchange.
8. Can’t be “shut down” so you know it will be here forever.
9. Has no single point of failure, so you know your savings are secure, forever.
10. Has a USD price that is going up faster than stocks, real estate, and bonds. Forever.

q6543

Established Member
I actually am testing the futures option market here

I bought a whole Bitcoin 41K strike for $300
Expires this Friday… so if bitcoin fails to bounce here I’m out 300, if it even sniffs back over 40K by Friday I’ll end up pretty deep in the money.

This is what I’ve been talking about with rehypothicated paper Bitcoin…. I just bought the right to own out of thin air for only $300.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I actually am testing the futures option market here

I bought a whole Bitcoin 41K strike for $300
Expires this Friday… so if bitcoin fails to bounce here I’m out 300, if it even sniffs back over 40K by Friday I’ll end up pretty deep in the money.

This is what I’ve been talking about with rehypothicated paper Bitcoin…. I just bought the right to own out of thin air for only $300.
Maybe a stupid question here, but how much different is this from margin trading on the crypto sites?

q6543

Established Member
It’s kind of apples to oranges

Leveraged trading you would own the underlying (bitcoin) and then would get wiped out or make profit based on moves outside of your predetermined deviation.

Options is similar but you are adding in the delta of time and theta decay for going outside of the money… just a few more Greeks, also you can ladder in different levels so you can create a structure to your trade.

Established Member
If you bought a 41 strike call, doesn't it have to go over 41K by Friday for you to be in the money?

Users who are viewing this thread