Black Cobra Down...

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Well, it finally happenend last night. My transmission pretty much seized up. Just to move the shifter in neutral requires a lot of elbow grease. However, I did not go down without a fight. ;-)

I entered the 'King of the Hill' event last night. Ran first against Bobby Cairns (yes the 8 sec Monte Carlo Monster), and took him out by .2 of a sec. Had an awesome reaction time (.100) and cut an 11.79 on a 11.76 dial. :rockon: As I was slowing down and coming around the end of the track I could not get the car out of 4th, took a bit of work and it never recovered from that run.

I have some video, however it came out shitty and has a watermark due to a new camera I was using. Great, its Wide Screen display and Dolby Digital, however Movie Maker does not know how to process the new format. So I appoligize in advance. Listen to the announcer he's pretty funny. :lol:

Atleast, I already have my first winter project lined up.

Enjoy, hope to see you all next year.

http://www.2pugs.com/Cobra/Vids/Cobra10thvsMonte.wmv

L8r,
David

Last edited:

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
03ShadowCobra said:
were you able to make it home?

Yes, I was able to manage 2nd and 4th with a lot of effort. However, once I was in gear, the car ran fine. Thanks for asking.

Nice seeing you there last night. Good runs with the truck.

David

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Sorry dave, at least it didn't happen at the beginning of the season. Let us know how you make out.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
sounds like bent shifter forks. that happened to me in my old 97 cobra with a t-45. POS transmissions. after that i put a t-56 in it. best mod i ever did to that car.

svteseer9

Established Member
Too bad about the car and the video! In addition to fixing your car this winter, you may want to look into video classes:lol1:

So was that camera, the 30 or 60 gig one?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
aww man...sucks man! hey at least you saved some cash the other day huh? :beer:

Do some digging and let me know if your gonna get your tranny fixed or want a replacement. Mine works fine but cant guarentee you wont break it..LOL

and Bobs car is SICK

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Nice run Dave! You beat the BIG BOY. lol :D Can't believe you were still racing with that clutch/trany problem.

Are you positive the problem is in the trany?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
NHRACobra said:
Nice run Dave! You beat the BIG BOY. lol :D Can't believe you were still racing with that clutch/trany problem.

where else would it be if it wont go into gear??

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
nice run!

that monte was sick tho, i have a couple of his runs on vid and it carries the front wheels nicely! and it looks like he's gotten faster since then

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
WireEater said:
That sucks man, but your car has been banging for awhile so it's kind of expected right.

Yes, when you look at it from that angle, definately not a shock. I've been down the 1320 a shitload of times... So all in all, she has held up very well. :rockon:

David

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
NHRACobra said:

Thanks Bob, it was quite a rush to inch out such a sick ride!

Well I guess I won't know for sure until I have it looked at. All I know right now is that the shifter barely moves... We'll see what the diagnosis turns out to be.

David

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
svtsmo said:
nice run!

that monte was sick tho, i have a couple of his runs on vid and it carries the front wheels nicely! and it looks like he's gotten faster since then

Yes, the car is AWESOME!!! Bob was telling me all about it while we were in the stageing lanes. Just an awesome piece of machinary.

David

Users who are viewing this thread