Black Cobras with tinted tails?

SVTCobraBB

Established Member
Hey. Im getting a black Cobra and I wanted to see what blacked out tails and SS inserts looked like on diff year Cobras.

Where can I get tinted tail lights, or tail light covers or what not? I've seen different options. What's the best way to do it? THanks!

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
I dont have a cobra but have done all the mods you requested on my black Mach and I love the look it gave the rear end. Bought the ss inserts off ebay from fire and ice motorsports and the tinted overlays from fordpower.net

Pitrack

Boost it
Established Member
Yeah I think they are illegal in a lot of places. One thing I don't get is here, Omaha NE, you can have the tint on the lights during the day, but not at night. Eventhough it is ten times easier to see the brake lights at night with them on, compared to during they day? who knows.

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
this is not my car but he is a member on here....hope he doesnt mind me posting these

sc5i6q.jpg

sc5il3.jpg

sc5jwz.jpg

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
if you guys wanted to,

mix some black paint in some clear coat.. and spray a few layers on the lenses... it tints it nicely

niteshades spray stuff is pretty much the same thing

SVTCobraBB

Established Member
That black Cobra is the way I want my backend to look. Does anyone know how he did it? Im seeing there is different options but whats the best looking way? I'd like to find out where he got his overlays, or tint, or however he did it. Thans for all the input guys!

SVTCobraBB

Established Member
That link I posted above, is that what you were looking for? Im not sure if it's a "layover" or not, but it looks pretty sick.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
SSSNAKE03 said:
this is not my car but he is a member on here....hope he doesnt mind me posting these

sc5i6q.jpg

sc5il3.jpg

sc5jwz.jpg

Its mine. Those are some old pics. I will have to get some new ones. I did the www.ninosport.com overlays. The originals, not the new lighter ones. They are so easy to put on. They are thicker so it is almost impossible to get bubbles. I have had them on for over a year now. Absolutely no peeling at all. I treat them just like the paint. I keep wax on them. Ryan

SVTCobraBB

Established Member
im thinking the NinoSports ones are one piece each light. From what Im understanding they are somewhat thick so there wont be an bubbles and it wont look tacky.

Niteninja

I Miss my Z...
Established Member
600469390_l.jpg

Not SS inserts, but painted grey. No overlay's yet but hopefully by summer. :rockon:

Last edited:

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
SVTCobraBB said:
Awesome, you mentioned something about the "originals, not the newer lighter ones"? Are the ones they have lighter? I want to get dark ones like yours.
here is where i got mine:

http://www.autobadges.com/vinyldecals/

I only got the 50% tint because i thought the "blackout" tint would be too dark and i LOVE them. Very easy to install too. The BLACKOUT kit is probably the one you want. Hope this helps

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
crizzut said:
were they 3 seperate peices per light or one peice?
im pretty sure EVERY taillight overlay kit is 3-pieces per light. It definately does not look tacky

Users who are viewing this thread