Black Convertable 500 miles signed by Carrol Shelby

hamada

Established Member
Hello everyone,
My name is Hamada. I am new to SVT and Ford all together. I am trying to help my boss sell his car that he does not drive at all. About 500 miles since new. The car is located in Manhattan beach California. The issue that I am having is: Hes had the car for sale a while ago, I posted it for him on ebay for a few weeks then he changed his mind. Now he wants to sell. The car HAVE ZERO ISSUES He is an older gentleman in his 60s and he would rather have an automatic big car (he drives an Audi A8L)
I welcome anyone interested to check out the car and to make sure everything is good first of course.
The car is Black on Black and I currently have it listed on ebay at $63500 buy it now. The reserve isn't bad at all. A few weeks ago, the owner met Carrol Shelby at an event and he kindly signed the glove compartment so its a nice touch.
I know nothing about Mustangs; however I will try to answer whatever questions you might have and I will facilitate the inspection.

Here is the ad on ebay. If anyone have a pointer or advice I would truly appreciate your input.
If someone need to email me > MThreez@gmail .com
Cell 818-599-1319

Hamada

hamada

Established Member
42 views and no comment? hmm what yall think ? I came here not only to try to sell this car, but for advice???

SoCalStang

Established Member
You know nothing about Mustangs, yet you know who Carrol Shelby is... strange. You are not getting replies or bids on ebay 'cause the price is too high. Try low to mid 50's. It's a used car either way you see it.

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Sounds like someone paid a massive ADM, now either doesn't want the car or can't afford it so they are trying to pass the ADM on to the person buying a USED car.

sdfrog177

Established Member
TeddyKGB said:
Sounds like someone paid a massive ADM, now either doesn't want the car or can't afford it so they are trying to pass the ADM on to the person buying a USED car.

This is the first of many who did this.....This is the type of person I will be buying my Shelby from in the next year or so. Not for that price though, I will wait patiently until they hit the mid to high 30k range. :coolman:

hamada

Established Member
SoCalStang said:
You know nothing about Mustangs, yet you know who Carrol Shelby is... strange. You are not getting replies or bids on ebay 'cause the price is too high. Try low to mid 50's. It's a used car either way you see it.
Thanks for the input. I am a car enthusiast after all. Although I am a Eurocar fan, I have to be a moron not to know who Carrol Shelby is!

The condition of this car is as close to brand new as you can EVER see. Socal stang, You are in socal, I welcome you to see the car for yourself.

I know, my first post and all. I am trying as hard as I can to sell this car and move on guys! what would you do in all seriousness?

Hamada

hamada

Established Member
TeddyKGB said:

Teddy, I am afraid you are wrong. The car is fully paid off with ZERO balance on it. The owner is better off trust me.

I would love for someone to go check out this car and meet the owner. I know my credibility is zero on this site, but I am asking you all kindly to just give this car a chance! its 100% legit.

Hamada

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
hamada said:
Teddy, I am afraid you are wrong. The car is fully paid off with ZERO balance on it. The owner is better off trust me.

I would love for someone to go check out this car and meet the owner. I know my credibility is zero on this site, but I am asking you all kindly to just give this car a chance! its 100% legit.

Hamada

Which is why I said this... "Sounds like someone paid a massive ADM, now either doesn't want the car " and he is trying to pass along the ADM he paid on a used car. Not trying to give you a hard time it is just that most all folks that are looking to but a Shelby GT500 and haven't yet are waiting until the ADM's disappear. I would guess those folks wouldn't want to pay an ADM from a private seller.

Best of luck in your sale.

Last edited:

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
Hamada, it is a USED CAR, plain and simple. It should be offered under MSRP period, end of story. A bank will only loan fair market value which is not anywhere near what you are asking. If you sell cars, you know that already. In the end it is worth what someone is willing to pay so good luck selling it for $55k or better. Of course, there is a sucker born every minute and lots of people with more money than they know what to do with too. Good luck!

hamada

Established Member
1CEBITN said:
Hamada, it is a USED CAR, plain and simple. It should be offered under MSRP period, end of story. A bank will only loan fair market value which is not anywhere near what you are asking. If you sell cars, you know that already. In the end it is worth what someone is willing to pay so good luck selling it for $55k or better. Of course, there is a sucker born every minute and lots of people with more money than they know what to do with too. Good luck!

1CEBITN,
Thank you for your input. I am talking with the owner now and trying to convince him to drop the price. The way he sees it > He RARELY driven it and he is trying to avoid losing money (just like everyone), but I see where you are coming from. No I am not a car salesman. Plain and simple, I am his IT guy, he is an exec that doesn't like to use PCs and I am posting this for him and trying to sell it! Thats the story!

Now I think the lowest he is telling me is $60k. The current reserve is set at $62k actually. MAAAN this is taking too long..someone make an offer PLEASE!

hamada

Juruense

Banned
Hamada, selling a car private party takes time especially if you are not willing to compromise on price. Be patient, give it a few months before you start getting worried about being able to sell it.

If you do not have that kind of time then you will most likely have to compromise on price.

You either have the time to get the price you want or you don't.

Good luck sir...

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
$63K for a MUSTANG?! (Cobra or not)

Where on earth did everything go so wrong. Your getting right up there in NEW Z06 territory...

good luck.

hamada

Established Member
Kilgore Trout said:
Hamada, selling a car private party takes time especially if you are not willing to compromise on price. Be patient, give it a few months before you start getting worried about being able to sell it.

If you do not have that kind of time then you will most likely have to compromise on price.

You either have the time to get the price you want or you don't.

Good luck sir...

Kilgore Trout,
Thanks for your input. I totally agree with you. I have some convincing to do. How drastic do you think the 07 prices will drop when the 08 comes out?
Thanks
hamada

1tufgt

Established Member
hamada said:
Kilgore Trout,
Thanks for your input. I totally agree with you. I have some convincing to do. How drastic do you think the 07 prices will drop when the 08 comes out?
Thanks
hamada

From my research I've seen them drop drastically here within the past month by watching the EBay prices. I have yet to see a car sell for more than 2k-3k above sticker. That means that's the most I've seen some of them go over sticker, but they don't sell due to higher reserves. The only ones I've seen that may go for a little more is the Black/Red and White/Red packages. So I've seen a lot of repost. Hopefully that trend continues and they will be at MSRP.

Last edited:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
hamada said:
OK Gents, the car is now re-listed on ebay for a lower reserve. I just found out that the car actually have 119 miles on it! This guy doesn't even drive the car that much he didn't even give me the right mileage. Any interests?
ICEBITEN> what is the pricing difference between coupe and convertible?

Thanks
hamada

It's still a USED vehicle no matter how you slice it, dice it, sugar coat it, miles, condition, color, etc..... tell your guy I will trade him my 10th Anniversary Cobra convertible that I hardly ever drive, even up.
It's his own fault that he paid an adm on the car now he will lose some money.....godd luck and let me know on the trade.
Thank you.

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
All due respect, if I was an IT guy and my boss told me to sell his car for WAY more than it is worth I would be spending FAR MORE time looking for a new job than being my bosses personal car salesman.

Users who are viewing this thread