Black is the fastest color right? (pics)

typhoon43

Established Member
I sure hope so, because I thought White paint might look funny :)
My new job has me swamped and my pace has slowed on the Lightning a tad, but I'm getting pumped up again. I did manage to drive down last night to Dave's (Screaming01L) and get a few hours in. If you remember, the 1200° Ceramic paint I used on my valve covers and intake came out a chocolatey brown. Well the 500° Black is actually black, so I went back and painted my Upper intake. I also added a 1" spacer per Wilson Manifold's recommendation. I like how it has an allen-head plug in the front. Maybe some Meth injection down the road for me. Today I need to find allen head screws to hold the 95mm Throttle Body on. At leats she's starting to look like a running truck again. Valve covers to be pulled Wed or Thursday and sprayed with the 500° Black as well. Might as well do this Turbo right...

Manifold%20004%20(Medium).jpg

mmmm...Open Wide for Daddy.... :D

Manifold%20005%20(Medium).jpg

FordFanStan

Established Member
On that Sullivan, is the opening inlet port a square (or square with rounded corners), and what about the Wilson upper's outlet port, cirlce or square? As long as the incoming air, forced induction or not, is going into a larger opening (cirlce outlet to square inlet), I do not see any major turbulence issues, although possibly just a small loss of air pressure, although doubtful even enough to notice, and especially not when being crammed in by a snail or blower... Stan

typhoon43

Established Member
FordFanStan@DMP said:
On that Sullivan, is the opening inlet port a square (or square with rounded corners), and what about the Wilson upper's outlet port, cirlce or square? As long as the incoming air, forced induction or not, is going into a larger opening (cirlce outlet to square inlet), I do not see any major turbulence issues, although possibly just a small loss of air pressure, although doubtful even enough to notice, and especially not when being crammed in by a snail or blower... Stan

Stan, they both have matching Square with rounded corners. Hopefully my T76 will shove enough in there to keep my turbulence issues down. Honestly I'm only trying for 650ish to the wheels. I should be ok I think.

Users who are viewing this thread