'Black' national anthem to be played before Star Spangled Banner in NFL.....

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Lot of debate on the meaning of that verse, but I am sure you and Kap have it straight.

I'd be interested in what you think it means?

Or are you saying it CAN be taken a few different ways when you say there is lots of debate on the meaning?

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd be interested in what you think it means?

Or are you saying it CAN be taken a few different ways when you say there is lots of debate on the meaning?
I sure as hell don't know. Seems historians have different take on what it meant, but who knows. Probably good they got rid of it in the case it was offensive to some in a song that is supposed to bring the country together. You telling me that verse is why all the dbags are kneeling? Yeah right.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
I sure as hell don't know. Seems historians have different take on what it meant, but who knows. Probably good they got rid of it in the case it was offensive to some in a song that is supposed to bring the country together. You telling me that verse is why all the dbags are kneeling? Yeah right.

Man you're defensive lol. I see you still act like you don't know why they kneeled, they clearly stated it when asked. whether you agree with the method or not they have said why they did it.

A song written by a slave owner in the 1800's was meant to bring the country together? LMAO, ok man.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Can advertisement be considered propaganda? My years were off a little too, they started televising the playing of it in the late 2000's and requiring the players to be on the field for it. If the military was paying the NFL and justified it by calling it a recruitment strategy I believe them lol.

But yeah I'm for no national anthem or black national anthem(never heard of it) before the game. Just play football

It seems as though you are avoiding my question, what’s the problem with the anthem playing? Why do you prefer they remove it?

2KBlackGT

Established Member
It seems as though you are avoiding my question, what’s the problem with the anthem playing? Why do you prefer they remove it?

If you don't want or like players using that time to protest peacefully remove it. This has always been my response to the people who have issue with the players protesting.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
If you don't want or like players using that time to protest peacefully remove it. This has always been my response to the people who have issue with the players protesting.

So you don’t support the national anthem playing at sporting events because some people have a problem with players using that time to protest?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
A song written by a slave owner in the 1800's was meant to bring the country together? LMAO, ok man.

Rofl. Half the country or more was a slave owner in 1800.

Oh by the way, this was also true for THE REST OF THE WORLD. Slavery far and away had the largest economic impact on the WORLD economy until the trade was banned in 1808.

Does that make it right? Obviously not, but save the “shame on America” speech already.

Spend a few hours and actually read about those “racist” Founders of ours and educate yourself on what they really believed because it’s clear you have 0 idea.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
What’s funny is how everyone blames the American white guys of today for slavery that occurred hundreds of years ago. Slavery that occurred thanks to their own people. Lol.

Every past group of mother****ers in this planet owned slaves. Blacks owned slaves, whites owned slaves, browns owned slaves, reds owned slaves, yellows owned slaves.

You better believe that if the greens ever decide to come down to Eart with superior technology, they gonna own some rainbow ass slaves.

Maybe then you all will STFU about the patriarchy, inequality and racism bullshit.

Guess what bitches? not everyone is gonna like you. Quit ****ing crying and pandering for handouts and sympathy. Rise above the bullshit and make your own destiny. Be ****ing thankful that you are a citizen of this country, where absolute ****ing Morons can make millions and lIve a dream life.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
LMAO, look at yall man. Emotional. It's ok guys.

Yall getting offended at the mere fact we're talking about our country's history.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
Rofl. Half the country or more was a slave owner in 1800.

Oh by the way, this was also true for THE REST OF THE WORLD. Slavery far and away had the largest economic impact on the WORLD economy until the trade was banned in 1808.

Does that make it right? Obviously not, but save the “shame on America” speech already.

Spend a few hours and actually read about those “racist” Founders of ours and educate yourself on what they really believed because it’s clear you have 0 idea.

The guy said the song was written to bring our country together. That's freaking hilarious when you think about it's origins.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
Look at the state of this great nation, it’s ****ing depressing, bro. Makes me emotional. If you aren’t saddened about it, you aren’t a red blooded American.

I feel you bro, I really do trust me.

What I'm saying is can you really not see why a black person in America wouldn't want to sing along to that song knowing there's a verse about keeping people enslaved in America? There's a reason only the first verse is sung.

And just so it's clear I have no problem if people want to sing it. People just shouldn't have a problem if a black person doesn't want to for the reason I mentioned above.

With all that said...**** I forgot what i wanted to say lol, I'm going to bed.

AssPikle

Established Member
The verse uses the word slave that could not be saved as well as others from the grave. The fact it uses the word slave is what was part of life when it was written. Kinda like rap, that uses words like gangsta. 50 years from now, there may be no more ganstas, so then people will be confused why it's in a song.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
The guy said the song was written to bring our country together. That's freaking hilarious when you think about it's origins.
Alrighty then. Context is your friend. The lack of it is the same reason the morons out there think we put up statues of Washington because he was a slave owner. That ends in a good place...

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Kap started a race war lol.....yea everything was just find before him.

Most ppl in this thread refuse to see the other side of the coin and it was dumb of me to even comment in the first place. Unlike mkost of the idiots in this thread I can see both sides and there is some wrong but the outlandish post in this thread only bringing to light what is had already be known for a long time by only a hand full of ppl on here.

Btw they are paid to play the game, so until the ball is snapped ,no they technically don't have to stand. It is not a rule or law they are breaking. So tired of ppl lumping this in with " it's part of their job" ......as much as you want it to be it is not.

You speak like you know personally what the players do and don't do , help the community or don't on their free time but you don't so stop acting like you do

What’s your first language ?

Users who are viewing this thread