Black Stiegemeier Eaton installed...pics

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
You are joking right? Black absorbs more sunlight, that is the only reason it is hotter than any other color. So unless he has a clear top hood, or drives around without a hood..then no.

:nonono:

-Jeff

Thank's for the reply
..I wasn't kidding..Looks awesome..I just wondered about Black holding heat longer...

tony281sc2

Established Member
that looks great. :coolman:

they shoulda made em look like that from the factory

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Top_Fuel said:
I have heard the same thing before...like THIS :shrug:

They basically said that it does nothing. The whole article was redundant. Here is a quote from the last paragraph.

"Painting engines black is more effective as a sales tool than it is at cooling an engine."

-Jeff

mj8

Established Member
vipergts281 said:
Thanks.

So how did the install of the blower go? Did it go smoothly, any problems you came across?

No problems everything went smoothly took my buddy roughly 2.5 hours both ways.

mj8

Established Member
Tide612 said:
MJ that looks great. I am going to be stepping up in about 2-3 weeks and doing the same.

Lets head to the track after you get yours on. Hopefully someone will let me borrow there DR's for a pass or two... :rolling: :rolling:

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
that looks great!!!! great job mj8, i recently painted my steg.3 flat black though, but im feeling the gloss black. Is that the updated 06 port?

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
Track would be good! I am ready to try out some new stuff also. Hey MJ and Kyle, you all going to the ATL with me this weekend?

mj8

Established Member
KENZILLA said:
Track would be good! I am ready to try out some new stuff also. Hey MJ and Kyle, you all going to the ATL with me this weekend?

I am out for sure on the ATL but the track thing will work sometime in the next few weeks.

mj8

Established Member
Mr. Freeze said:
that looks great!!!! great job mj8, i recently painted my steg.3 flat black though, but im feeling the gloss black. Is that the updated 06 port?

LOL on the new port...my blower was ported the day before the 2006 port started....what luck huh!!!!! I like my semi-gloss with my JLT kit, flat would have looked weird next to my shiny JLT.

mj8

Established Member
shocker 420 said:
A ported eaton looks like a stock eaton, right?

Yea on the outside, when they port they just mess with the internals and the bottom side of the blower. If you saw two side by side on a car you would have no way of knowing. Sleeper style... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread