Blackstone Oil Lab Report on my Mobil 5w30

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Based on these reports is anybody gonna extend their service intervals to 4.5 or even 5K?

I've been doing 5K changes on my car since I got it. I've put about 30,000 miles on it. Mobil1 5w30 everytime, it's always golden brown when coming out. These were my compression numbers at 60k miles.

Passenger side

Driver side

I feel pretty safe with 5k changes.:rockon::rockon:

shadyninja

Been There, Wrecked That
Established Member
It's probably the one thing everyone wants to see so naturally it costs an extra $10 to get TBN on the report. Perhaps that was not paid for the posted report above?

yeah, I use Oil Analyzers Inc.
they put the tbn on theirs and color coat the report according how severe a issue is ,
here is one I had done on our racecar
( the car uses leaded racegas that is why the lead is flagged)

report.jpg

and the testing runs me $23($27 if you do not have a account) per sample , and that includes the ups shipping

...LINK...

Jefe

Established Member
Standard test is $22.50, then you can get these done:

Capture-6.jpg

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Based on these reports is anybody gonna extend their service intervals to 4.5 or even 5K?

My daily driver is a Toyota Tundra with a very similar style motor, 4.7 double over head cam. I change the oil every 5k in it. Blackstone labs told me it was very early and I could leave the oil in there much longer. I think it usually still has a TBN of around 3.7 to 4.0 at 5k miles.
In the Cobra though... humm usually 3k :) Maybe I'll go to 5k. I just drive it so hard which is why I usually change it at 3k.

TVSCobra

Established Member
I'm no expert on oil analysis but I do spend sometime on bobistheoilguy and that sample looks awesome. I run Mobil1 0w-40 in the warmer months and then back to Castrol GC 0w-30 in the cooler months. I also add 4oz of Auto-RX as a maintance dose.

RussZTT

Established Member
I now have 1,500 miles on my new motor. I have been using cheap Castrol for breakin. I just changed it about 200 miles ago. I just purchased 13 qrts and 2 filters ( for the Cobra and my gf's Lexus) of Amsoil 100% Synthetic 10w-30. Says you don't have to change it for 25K miles. Her's I'll let go for 10-15K and I'll change mine every 5-7K depending on how the oil looks after 5K.

Users who are viewing this thread