Bleeding Hydro Boost after AN fitting conversion

AJT04SVT

I just converted all of my power steering lines to AN style lines/fittings on my 04 Terminator and was wondering if anyone on here had done this before or had the lines to the hydro booster disconnected and then had issues bleeding the system. I got all of the air out the power steering side but anytime I hit the brakes, the pump still whines and the brake pedal is hard.

I followed this thread as an example when I made the lines:

I used 6an PTFE for the high pressure lines and 8an CPE for the low pressure lines. Realize as I was installing it that the CPE ID was 7/16" which could be part of my problem because the OEM lines are 3/8". My Terminator also has an oil cooler so I put the Tee for the low pressure lines closer to that instead of directly under the reservoir line the OEM line.

I'm used to the power steering being difficult to bleed but I have gone through the standard procedure more times than I can count. That being said, is it worth the money to get a pump to pull vacuum on the reservoir or am I messing with the pressure too much but using the wrong ID for the low pressure side?

Thanks in advance!

96dreamer

Established Member
Following this. Ill hopefully be bleeding mine in the next week or so and was worried about the same thing.

Mystic03

Established Member
pretty easy to bleed the system just fire it up swing steering left to right untill it becomes easier and no noise/bubbles do it with it loaded (on the ground)

Users who are viewing this thread