Blew head gasket and warped head...New setup?

2_slow_5.0

Established Member
Well i blew the head gasket and figured since the heads are going to be off why not switch them along with the cams. Here is the scoop

FRPP CNC 4V heads
GT cams
snake bite port blower
2.76 upper
Ported lower intake
Ported plenum
Dragon TB
Long tube headers

With just the stock blower and 2.76 car made just over 450 along with the other mods already on the car. Wondering what this combo would make with items listed above. Talked to stegy and they say 600rwhp wouldnt be an issue.

Anyone have something similar to this?

There is also a little dope on the car but I am looking for 650rwhp without the 125 shot.

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
i noticed you mention a snake bite, and a 2.76 pulley. I dont think the Snake bite is designed to be pullied, and if you did, would probably see little to no power power gain over the stock pullies, due to spinning the rotors faster than their peak performance RPM and increased heat... (the snakebite is geared internally to produce 17 or so lbs with the stock pulleys

2_slow_5.0

Established Member
sounds like a mean setup! why not go TS and REALLY make those heads and cams shine?

Because this is the car I take to meets and 99% of the time what I race also. I want to keep the car appearing stock as much as possible. As of now no one can tell anything other then CIA and catback has been done to the car.

i noticed you mention a snake bite, and a 2.76 pulley. I dont think the Snake bite is designed to be pullied, and if you did, would probably see little to no power power gain over the stock pullies, due to spinning the rotors faster than their peak performance RPM and increased heat... (the snakebite is geared internally to produce 17 or so lbs with the stock pulleys

The snakebite porting does re-gear the snout like you said but can be pullied. It is stated on stegy's site that with a 4lb lower 650hp at the flywheel is a result. I may just switch to the lower 4lb and return the upper to stock but thats to be determined at a later date.

As of now I am just asking as to what power I maybe making with that setup.

Users who are viewing this thread