Blew the trans!!! Need help!

en89vo

Established Member
I was going to merge into traffic last week and put the throttle around 75% and the truck stopped accelerating, it just started revving. I took it to the dealership and they say the trans is shot. I can either get the current one rebuilt which is 20 hrs labor or I can get a new on with 8 hrs labor. The trans is 2k through the dealer...for me atleast cause I used to work there. What do you guys suggest I do, and is there any parts that would be good to get installed while it's out? Thanks for the help, and please send any links to suggested parts.

en89vo

Established Member
I don't know what a monster box is, I don't know what bts is, and telling me not to go back to stock but not providing a better option doesn't help either. I need advice!

FordFanStan

Established Member
Well IMO, I don't think it is a good idea to use the stock components. I mean if it has to get rebuilt, why not use the best parts available and know without a doubt you won't have to go through it again.

As far as the Monster box statement, that is like holding a loaded gun to your wallet and your truck, I went through 3. I won't get started with that story, but it is the absolute worst quality product available.

I would recommend purchasing a built 4r100 from a reputable transmission builder, that has alot of experience with building the 4r100's for higher hp applications and have tested them thoroughly. Reason being is, some of the reputable shops use custom machined parts and they will not sell those separately. On the top of my list right now, I would recommend DMP and/or Punisher transmissions. I have heard good things about BTS by alot of people, but I don't exactly like some of brand sof parts I have heard he uses. No matter which route you go, I would deal directly with the transmission builder and wouldn't go through any third party vendors or distributors.

Of course there is a price differences and probably all of them cost more than the OEM, but I know you will be money ahead if you ever step in power and break your next OEM transmission. FFS

Users who are viewing this thread