Blew up the Cobra

isdnmatt

Established Member
Today, I had the sudden urge to push the car a little. I take off hard from the line and get 2nd real good (nice crip). Go to hit 3rd, and boom the tranny grinds itself crazy and my clutch pedal goes limp. I just coast into a parking lot and wait for the towing company.

I think the clutch is surely shot and 3rd gear is going to need some new syncros. Maybe the flywheel too since the car was shaking real bad after ward.

Since this should be under warranty, what do you think I should do? Pay for more high performance parts? I wouldn't mind a aluminum flywheel and a good kevlar clutch.

-Matt

junglehyped

Established Member
Double check your clutch quadrant on the peddle assembly the factory plastic quadrant sux bad sound like what happened to my but i pulled over and did the self adjusting thing where you lift <pull> the clutch peddle with your foot and than push it in <engages the teeth again> then all was well i could get it out of gear and drive normally again.The next day after that i bought a steeda firewall adjuster and clutch quadrant,no problems since.....good luck eith your car...

Frank

199Frank7 cobra
bassini x pipe
flowmaster 2 chambers
bbk throttle body
c&l mass air meter
best e.t. 13.50 @ 103.5 ciccil co. m.d.
:rolling: :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread