Blew vacuum line off back of S/C Hi Speed

RedSquad7

E.D.209
Established Member
On the freeway at about 0530 (Not a car in sight ahead) I decided to open it up a bit- Speed undisclosed. Anyway, started to get a horrible hiss and unpleasant sound from the engine bay. My boost gauges quit altogether and when I let off the throttle it would idle at around 2K rpm and then drop and almost die. Once I got it stopped I got out and popped the hood...Car sounded like s**t!! I poked around for a few minutes until I found a vacuum line that blew off/disconnected at the back of the S/C on the passenger side. Plugged it back on and problem solved. I was stressed out for a few minutes to say the least!

Any similar experiences?

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
yeah, same thing happend to me but it was on my Kenne Bell....the vacuum line went to the boost dump valve (the actual dump valve, not the solenoid on the side of the blower) same thing though, high idle and hissing sound from the vacuum leak. Im not sure if it will work or not but i put a small amount of thread lock on the inside of the vacuum line to kinda like "glue" it to the nipple that it goes on. It hasnt come off since

sn8kbite

Established Member
The simple solution is goto your hardware store and buy a package of zip ties.Zip tie each and every vacuum line onto its appropriate nipple and they will stop blowing off under heavy boost conditions.

RedSquad7

E.D.209
Established Member
Thanks for the replies. The zip ties sound like a good idea.
WS6JJP,
That thing looks wicked with that drop and that wing!!

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
thanks for the compliments:beer:

also, that is a good idea about using zip ties to keep the vacuum lines in place, that what i have done to mine..except that one i mentioned, it has a "shroud" over the nipple so you cant get a zip tie on it....thats why i had to resort to the loctite idea...but yes the zip tie idea works great, i dont know why i didnt mention that to you first:idea:

Users who are viewing this thread