blinkers and stop lights not working

blwnmstc

Established Member
My blinker switch stopped working so I checked the fuses and found a burned one and replaced it and with in the hour it burned it again. A couple days later I drove the car again and noticed the brake light weren't turning on when I applied the brakes. I replaced the fuse again to see if it was the same issue and sure enough the stop lights and blinkers turned on. I replaced the tail light bulbs and blinker switch and still burns the fuses. I checked the wire harness to the tail lights and everything looks fine. Has anyone ever had this issue? Any ideas on where I should look for the problem? Any help would great, thanx

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Had this same problem back in August. Have you put an aftermarket metal clutch quadrant in your car recently? If you search different forums, there are several threads where these new quadrants will start cutting into a wiring harness that's directly above the quadrant under the dash. It will then cause them to short and blow that fuse. (replaced mine 4 times lol) You can lay upside down in your seat (or if you're a bigger guy like me) lay halfway out of the car and look up in there, then press the clutch pedal all the way in to watch the movement of the quadrant and see if it hits the wires above it.

After I finally found the tear in mine, I put new electrical tape on the wires and some thick plastic wire protector stuff and it's been fine every since. But if they're fine in your car, you could have a multi-function switch problem

Last edited:

bonk96gt

Established Member
What they said. But it doesn't have to be an aftermarket quadrant, it happened on my car with the stock pieces in place

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
you need to track down where you are getting a short, start under the dash and work your way into the engine bay.

blwnmstc

Established Member
Had this same problem back in August. Have you put an aftermarket metal clutch quadrant in your car recently? If you search different forums, there are several threads where these new quadrants will start cutting into a wiring harness that's directly above the quadrant under the dash. It will then cause them to short and blow that fuse. (replaced mine 4 times lol) You can lay upside down in your seat (or if you're a bigger guy like me) lay halfway out of the car and look up in there, then press the clutch pedal all the way in to watch the movement of the quadrant and see if it hits the wires above it.

After I finally found the tear in mine, I put new electrical tape on the wires and some thick plastic wire protector stuff and it's been fine every since. But if they're fine in your car, you could have a multi-function switch problem
thanx for the response, thats the last place i would of looked. If its not too much out of ur way, would u be able to take a picture of there area where the quadrant cut the wire? I already checked and the aftermarket quadrant doesnt seem to be touch any wires or at least that i can see.
^ this. Exactly what happened to me also, tricky thing to find :/
thanx

What they said. But it doesn't have to be an aftermarket quadrant, it happened on my car with the stock pieces in place
thanx, like i stated above i might be looking in the wrong spot cuz i didnt spot anything.
you need to track down where you are getting a short, start under the dash and work your way into the engine bay.
thanx, thats where my attention is headed to next.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Yeah no problem. I'll take one tonight when I get off work. I actually couldn't find it either when I first learned about it. It took 3 or 4 more times of me searching under there before I actually noticed where it was.

Users who are viewing this thread